Mulan could use some cyber hugs...

by Princess 69 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((((((((Mulan))))))))

So sorry you're having trouble with your Mom. It must hurt.

Free

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey (((Mulan))),wow and I thought I had problems with my parents.You must have a heart of gold.I hope things go better for you and your mom&dad...OUTLAW

• Solace
    Solace

Mulan, XOXOXOXO

Im so sorry. I can tell family is so important to you.

You must be emotionally exhausted. Take care and dont forget to take time out for yourself.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

(((((Mulan)))))

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Here's hoping things brighten up. You've got lots of friends here sending happy thoughts your way.

Hmmm

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

((((((((Mulan)))))))

Sorry to hear about the issues with your mother.

Please don't let it get to you and your happiness as you are the better person and you deserve better.

Regards,

AjaxMan

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

((((((((((((((((((((Mulan))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Again you prove that you truly love your family, especially your mother. It's really sad.

ashi

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

(((((((Mulan and Princess))))))

You're both very lovely people and I hate to see anything distress you both. Thinking of you Mulan and hoping things work out for the best for everyone....HUGS to you both.

Beck

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mulan and Princess:

G'day to you both. Sorry to 'hear' about this. We're going thru things ourselves, and can appreciate how wearying it can be having such a situation in your own family. Feel kinda out of control at times.

I guess we have to be thankful for the good times we had together and the small number of good things we can still have with the relationship.

Mrs Ozzie and I send heartfelt commiserations and sympathy to you both.

Cheers, Ozzie

P.S. re the ozzie sit.: one moved away. we don't know where she is, presumably the borg-ites have her somewhere, as the elders said that "had our children".

• castyurcare
    castyurcare

Dear Mulan and Princess, ((((((((((((((((hugshugshugs))))))))))

So sorry to read about your difficulties and challenges! You both seem so sweet and caring, I am sure you are thankful you have one another to lean on at this time. Mulan, you will never regret that you have been a good daughter making the sacrifices you have to care for your parents. When you look back on these times, you will be able to say you did your best in caring for them with no regrets. Being a caregiver is not an easy job, especially as the physical and psychological needs of parents seem to change often and sadly, sometimes deteriorate rather quickly. Been there, done that. I've read somewhere that as people age, their personality and character traits tend to become exacerbated so that a person who may have been critical, now lashes out at others with scathing words. Unfortunately you become the undeserved recipient. I am seeing this type of behavior in my husband's mother. It takes a pretty thick-skinned person to walk away unaffected!

Been thinking about the aging process alot lately since I have elderly family members and know friends who are becoming caregivers for their parents. Looking to some of these elderly, who are wonderful examples of growing old gracefully can be a real encouragement.

This past Mother's Day at church, each mother was given a book by Ruth Bell Graham, "Blessings For A Mother's Day." I would like to share her Prayer of a Middle-Aged Woman. It has made me pray, "Lord,make me sweet as I age!" ok so here goes.....

"Dear Lord,

Thou knowest better than I myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody, helpful but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I must have a few friends at the end.

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details, give me wings to get to the point. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of others' pains, but help me to endure them with patience.

Give me a growing humility and a lessening cocksureness when my memory seems to clash with memories of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken. Keep me reasonably sweet....and not hard to live with...for a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the devil. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And give me the grace to tell them so."

Hope this helps!

castyurcare 1 Peter 5:7

• ISP
    ISP

(((((((Mulan)))))))) Hope it works out!

ISP

Edited by - ISP on 30 June 2002 2:33:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit