Why a new "World Headquarters"?

by 4thgen 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Clearly the publisher numbers are decreasing despite their inflated reports and the failure of the trolley witnessing.

The o/p contained more than a few assumptions. We have no evidence of inflated reports and Mark Sanderson told the London Bethel people ,recently, that print was expanding and would continue without letup. Whatever savings are made by the r & f going electronic are more than matched by the shedloads of mags given away in the cart work and metropolitan work.

I think that the comments above about property prices in Brooklyn are correct as well as having a new state of the art building - just like London moving to Chelmsford.

NB it really grates on English ears when the G B call it "War - wick" . We know the word as the same as the ancient city of Warwick in England , and it is pronounced Worrick!

• brandnew
    brandnew

@wingcommander........ you have solved the mystery....

Cults love solitude......waco, jonesville, them crazy people waitin on haileys comet, etc.... whoa! ! !

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ...any day now I expect they'll have a jw paradise post armageddon theme park...like disney etc...could be quite a money spinner....come play with the snake and lion etc etc etc..see the tree adam and eve might have eaten from.....!
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    My brother in law, is always talking about how much the work is speeding up in the USA, and I just shake my head inside, and think where is it happening? Maybe building all kinds of new costly building and warehouse to stock pile building supplies, count's, then so be it, the work is speeding up! Now if they build all these new so badly needed KH's and can't fill them up, at least they are ready to be sold off, as needed!!!!!!
  • lrkr
    lrkr

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34/32/dtg_bridgeparkdealmain_2011_08_12_bk.html

A three way win-win-win deal. Parks on the piers, residential development to cove cost of the parks, jw's get serious money for industrial property rezoned as residential. And I think there was a timeline to the deal.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Aside from the windfall profit they made selling properties in NYC they now can keep their workforce consisting mainly of males in their 20's or early 30's isolated from the temptations of "sin city" NYC. It will be much easier to control them from the new location where they will not be farmed out to congregations around New York but will be in a cloistered environment and much easier to "manage"
  • 4thgen
    4thgen

Very Interesting!

Thanks for the interesting thoughts!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WingCommander - "Cult Compound, ala WT style. Scary."

That's a prescient statement, actually.

A few years back, the Canadian federal government conducted a study relating to high-control groups.

One of the conclusions they came to was that when a group withdraws from an urban prescence to a rural prescence ("goin' up to the country"), it's often the first sign that said group is seriously moving into extremist territory, and that a much closer eye should be kept on them.

I'd actually read about this even before I faded, and the moment I first learned about Warwick, it brought it to mind.

• done4good
    done4good

Brooklyn Heights is prime real estate, on a worldwide scale even. Most of those properties they are selling for dollars on the penny, considering what they paid for them decades ago.

Warwick is barely suburbia in the greater NYC area. Its cheap, and will be worth at least 10x as much in 30 or 40 years. Its all about long term financial planning.

d4g

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It tells me that the GB got the word from jehober that the big A was a long way off. No need to concentrate on preaching but rather on building new earthly possessions.

Literally, hundreds of thousands of hours being spent building not preaching.

just saying

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit