Why a new "World Headquarters"?

by 4thgen 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I am sure they are saying that it is God’s will they expand as a spin for what is really happening, but what is its actual purpose?

Actually, one of the GB, Guy Pierce, publicly admitted at the 127th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Society, held on October 1st, 2011, that they did NOT know if it is/was Jehovah's will or not to do this.

“There are plans to develop a 248-acre (100 ha) property at Warwick. ‘Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,’ said Brother Pierce, ‘we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.’ Plans are also being made to use a 50-acre (20 ha) parcel of land situated six miles (10 km) north of Warwick to facilitate the staging of machinery and building material. ‘Once construction is permitted, we hope to complete the entire project within four years,’ said Brother Pierce. ‘Then our property in Brooklyn can be sold.'” - w12 8/15 p. 17

Well I guess we now know the answer. Stephen Lett informed us last month that there's a "shortfall" of funds for the project. So evidently it must not have been Jehovah's will.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Why a new "World Headquarters"?

Because 9/11 spooked them. They saw, from across the river, how vulnerable their religious empire really is.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

From my latest tour at Bethel, I was told the move was to differentiate the World Headquarters from the US branch

I was long under the impression that Patterson, NY was the U.S. Branch and Brooklyn was the WHQ. My take on the move is that they want to liquidate assets, despite what the May broadcast says.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It probably has to do with tax laws for non-profits.

Building a world headquarters is likely an allowable expense for charitable purposes. It is a place to put their money.

It will have nothing to do with religious matters or growth and everything to do with what they are allowed to spend their money on and not pay tax.

Oubliette: Actually, one of the GB, Guy Pierce, publicly admitted at the 127th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Society, held on October 1st, 2011, that they did NOT know if it is/was Jehovah's will or not to do this.

Yeah, they were probably waiting on a tax ruling.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "...they were probably waiting on a tax ruling."

Can't say as I blame 'em; I'm definitely more scared of the IRS than I am of Jehovah.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I'm definitely more scared of the IRS than I am of Jehovah.

Lol! And now we know who Jehovah really is.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The cost of living is high in NYC. It makes perfect sense for them to move upstate to their own compound and tend to their flock there. CT Russell moved to Brooklyn from Pennsylvania to be more centrally located globally speaking in order to effectively promote what was then a little-known Second Adventist sect. Now with their focus on their website, you no longer need to be literally in the middle of everything to be noticed.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Right after Brother Pierce kicked the bucket, "Jehovah" called from the Legal/Financial Dept.

" SELL!!, SELL!!!, SELL!!!, ", said "Jehovah."

DD

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Guy pierce was like the dad, that they were waiting to die.....so they could sell the farm, and buy a lamborghini...
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Same reason Jim Jones up and moved People's Temple from San Francisco to the jungle of Guyana. Control, control, and MORE control. And control and manipulate in secrecy, out from under watchful eyes.

Wait and see, they'll start buying up property around Warwick so that in a few decades, they'll "own" that small town. They're already at it, actually.

Cult Compound, ala WT style. Scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit