Why a new "World Headquarters"?

by 4thgen 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

tim310rd amd talesin,

My only point is that it IS about money.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Does anyone know who originally owned the land that the WTS purchased to facilitate this project?

Who did the WTS buy the land from?

Who benefited from selling the land?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oubliette: Actually, one of the GB, Guy Pierce, publicly admitted at the 127th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Society, held on October 1st, 2011, that they did NOT know if it is/was Jehovah's will or not to do this.

I had said: "Yeah, they were probably waiting on a tax ruling."

I was wrong - it wasn't a tax ruling that was holding up the works... it was a court ruling concerning the property transaction that they were waiting on.

I guess Guy Pierce equates favorable court rulings with "Jehovah's favor". The "will of Jehovah" is governed by the will of the American court system,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "The 'will of Jehovah' is governed by the will of the American court system."

For now.

All indications are that they're digging in for the long haul with regards to the pedo cases, though.

I suspect the potential for a high court precedent in their favor is too juicy a carrot to resist following.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    its about money and lack of money, ive been to my next big city this week and they had a trolley full of old teaching books from 2006 and the OLD "what does the bible really teach" books.In my own city ive taken books from the trolleys as old as 1998.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Hedging on the "jehovah's will" issue leaves them open to be able to sell it whenever and just say -hey, we did what we thought was best at the time, clearly we were wrong so now we are selling and know that we were supposed to put our HQ in some warm, tax haven that doesn't extradite. (Ok that is just me, being snarky). But getting rid of it and sending the profits(?) elsewhere. . . why not? They left a barn door open to do that with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit