Why a new "World Headquarters"?

by 4thgen 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I just don’t get it. The GB moved to Patterson and are conducting business from there, right? They are not printing as much literature as they once were and they are still operating Walkill for the magazines…er a ….pamphlets. Clearly the publisher numbers are decreasing despite their inflated reports and the failure of the trolley witnessing. What justification can they possibly give for building the new “World Headquarters” in Warwick? I am sure they are saying that it is God’s will they expand as a spin for what is really happening, but what is its actual purpose? Are they planning to move up the printing presses for printing books? That seems so ridiculous with everything going digital. Yet, if it was to be a retirement haven, surely they would continue to expand in warmer climates. What is the reason they are giving? And what is the REAL purpose of the compound in Warwick?

in
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    From my latest tour at Bethel, I was told the move was to differentiate the World Headquarters from the US branch. It's really nothing more than a corporate reorg. In the past the US branch was the World HQ. Now they are setting them up as separate and distinct. The US branch can focus on the US and the World HQ will focus on coordinating all of the branches.
  • hoser
    hoser
    It is so they can own a nice chunk of property that they can sell a few years down the road.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    The Governing Body is just a bunch of delusional losers who believe their own lies. They think Jehovah wants them to buy lots of real estate to sell later when all the child molestation lawsuits payments become due.
  • sir82
    sir82

Resale value of a corporate compound in idyllic surroundings would be pretty high.

In 30 or 40 years, assuming the organization is still viable, there will suddenly be a need for a "new world headquarters", and the one at Warwick can be sold for a few $hundred million.

• pronomono
    pronomono
    The real purpose probably has to do with money. Brooklyn has become a very expensive place to live. They make a ton of money off the sale of the Brooklyn facilities, move upstate to Warwick where its cheaper, still have money left over from the Brooklyn sale, and now they can get by on less donations from the R&F. Not to mention, they bought a large forested area, where they can turn it into their little paradise, separate from the temptation of the large city. It's sad because Warwick has a unique cultural history that a big corporation coming to the city would upset. I guess money talks though.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They economy tanked in 2009, their hedge funds and other investments went in to the toilet. They needed to sell off New York real estate to stay afloat. If they just sold the real estate people would know something was up so they said they were just moving.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

What kind of HQ did Jesus have?

"Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."--Matthew 8:20

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

4thgen - "Why a new 'World Headquarters'?"

It's their Armageddon Masada, and the future planetary capital of the New System.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pronomo - "They make a ton of money off the sale of the Brooklyn facilities, move upstate to Warwick where its cheaper, still have money left over from the Brooklyn sale, and now they can get by on less donations from the R&F. Not to mention, they bought a large forested area, where they can turn it into their little paradise, separate from the temptation of the large city."

This.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit