Why a new "World Headquarters"?

by 4thgen 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The Mormons have Salt Lake City. People's Temple had Jonestown. The Branch Davidians had Waco.

The WT cult will have Warwick, NY.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

eyeused2badub - "Literally, hundreds of thousands of hours being spent building not preaching."

But, hey, if the workers can count those hours towards their monthly field service report... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    The WT cult will have Warwick, NY.

... and Patterson, NY, and Wallkill, NY, and ...

It was eye-opening to me when I went on a tour with a bethelite and he pointed out all the smaller and lesser-known properties that WT owns in Brooklyn. There are a lot of single family homes that are also owned and have been used for years to house doctors, lawyers, and others with children who were given special treatment just because their services were needed. I also wouldn't be surprised for them to keep some of those smaller properties in Brooklyn because one member of the GB confided to this bethelite that he would like to have a place for those flying in from other branches to stay and not have to travel all the way to Warwick, Wallkill, or Patterson after a long flight.

• talesin
    talesin
    From my latest tour at Bethel, I was told the move was to differentiate the World Headquarters from the US branch. It's really nothing more than a corporate reorg. In the past the US branch was the World HQ. Now they are setting them up as separate and distinct. The US branch can focus on the US and the World HQ will focus on coordinating all of the branches.

"Separate and distinct" - hmm, the Conti lawsuit may be an indication that the US branch of the WTS may be looking at many more lawsuits. Perhaps this 'complete reorg.' is a way to prevent the world-wide b'Org from paying out millions in future American lawsuits (they know their goose is cooked).

It's one thing to settle out of court for 5 figures (they have done a LOT of that), but quite another to pay up for what could potentially be, a Class Action Suit.

xx

• Tech49
    Tech49

2 years ago I went on the "tour" of NY Bethel. I had an "insider" tour, seeing many things that most people dont get to see.

One of the things that shocked me, was walking through the old printery building...I dont know the exact name of it, but its the older original building that is connected with the skybridge.

It was almost entirely empty, some of if being used for storage. As we made our way down to the bottom floor, the emptiness of it all was pretty amazing. The history of the building itself was cool. Then, the 90's carpet in the rooms, the entry, empty reception area was a bit eery. The entire building was mostly vacant.

This was before Warwick of course. I asked "why is this building empty? Seems like a waste of good space, and in a building already owned by WT. Why do we need to build a new compound in upstate NY?"

Obviously, space was not an issue, because all the printing is done offsite, out of country anyway. If the brothers were truly in need of "space", this building would be overfull and cramped in anticipation of a new structure...right?

The answer I got....."Why, look! we're expanding!!!" I just looked around.... and said.....WHY? This is a perfectly good building?

I was more or less dumfounded. Seemed like a perfectly good waste.... until you thought about the money end of it.

So, no, they dont NEED a new building, and they dont NEED more space. They WANT IT. Keep your eye simple right?

• pixel
    pixel

This is the answer folks:

What prompted the planned move? Branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses in other parts of the world now share in the printing of Bibles and Bible-based literature, which was once exclusively done in Brooklyn. In 2004, printing and shipping operations in the United States were moved to Wallkill, New York, about 145 kilometers (90 mi) northwest of Brooklyn.

Cost too was a consideration. It is expensive to operate and maintain the facilities in Brooklyn. By relocating to a compact facility, the Witnesses can make better use of funds to support their work of Bible education.

Source: http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/world-headquarters-relocating/

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Pixel,

That's true, but for me it really doesn't fit for an organization that says the end is coming soon. They could have downsized in Brooklyn and sold off the properties they didn't need.

They always sanitize the reasons for their decisions, like they did with changing to the donation arrangement for publications and kingdom hall loans.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Duplicate, sorry.

• talesin
    talesin

Pixel - yes, and I always check the WTBTS' website to get the Truth. Are you serious?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Maybe it's the new paradise on earth prototype (just kidding). Wouldn't it be sort of freaky if this was the case? For, they really love conformity in everything..........they are comfortable with sameness. They don't like anything to be out of the ordinary or not officially approved by the GB.

You may not poach on their land though!! That belongs to the royalty and accompanying staff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit