Are there any ex-missionaries here??

by fulano 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano
    Did his wife serve in La Vega? We had three swedish single sisters living near our miss-home.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Don't know, could be. They were reg pioneers and went where it was warm half the year to pioneer. There were a bunch of them but was only close to two of them.
  • Thursday
    Thursday

Hey fulano

Did you happen to know a David van Brug and his wife Luana? They were in the DR and also in the US Bethel for some time, I forget the years, 90's and early 2000's maybe. They were also in Zambia.

• Londo111
    Londo111

After reading this, no wonder they repurposed Gilead.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wow, this is an amazing thread and it really shows how cruel and unconcerned the religion/organization is about the welfare of any of the members.

People were on their own - literally. Imagine being stranded in the boondocks in a third world country?? I admire these missionaries and most are lucky they came home.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I never held the position of Missionary but I have been in the Missionary position.

• fulano
    fulano

@thursday

i don't know when you wrote this but No I don't know them. Maybe they were Needgreaters at some time we had a thousand of them. Strange enough ;) all in the beach congregations.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

A pleasant reminder of what discussions on this board (and its predecessor) used to be like, before we all started squabbling amongst ourselves!

• fulano
    fulano

Yes. The times I visit this site is just reading...about golden watches and expensive suits.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Strange enough :wink: all in the beach congregations.

Were they "Surfing Where The Need Is Greater?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit