Are there any ex-missionaries here??

by fulano 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    brandnew, bacalao y lechon asado! You're waking up the Cuban in me!
  • prologos
    prologos
    very interesting read. If you were assigned far away, with no wealth behind you, and then locally assigned into oblivion, you had the true wt wt experience. The likes of E.B. White would shine nevertheless.
  • suavojr
    suavojr

Hey Fulano! Nice to hear from you.

During the week of our first Circuit Overseer visit, Paschal was staying in our home. The meetings were held next to the house. It was a small congregation of 21 publishers and my dad was the only elder. On the first day of the our visit, my dad was running late and showed up 20 minutes to the hour. I was only 12 and thought my dad was going to get a scolding from the CO!

It was Paschal's first visit, it was a new congregation, he was the only elder and he was late due to WORK... and to make things more interesting the bathroom had no running water!!! 20 minutes to go live and give our best impression was about to burn up in flames. "Oh my, here comes the dreaded beating" I Said to myself.

Well no, what he did left me without words. I could not believe it and it showed me the value of humility towards others. Pete Paschal, our CO went to my dad and told him that the bathroom was ready. My dad was confused and asked him what had he meant.

Paschal had carried water from and outside tank, grabbed a clean towel and made sure the bathroom had everything needed to take a shower and my mom had his clothes ready. This was something that stuck with me and Paschal gained my respect.

Nevertheless, it is so sad to see good people with a fogged mentality due to the WT, can you imagine all the great things they would do without the WT lenses?

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Villiage, im across the street from cuba 😂 same food though...
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Hello. I was in Cameroon for 5 months after class 119
  • fulano
    fulano

Short waist of time Jeff😀👍!

you didn't like or fell ill?

• fulano
    fulano
    Bacalao..muchacho...es lo ultimo , me encanta..con yuca. Y despues un buen trago de Brugal.👍🤒..y un puro.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Hi fulano! Congratulations on your successful life after JW!

I know a Bethel elder and his wife. We used to be great friends...lol. He's from California and his wife is Swedish.

I knew another couple, but don't thing they are still there, the Marquez's.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Fulano, I was attacked twice, 10 years ago next week. I stayed three more months struggling to figure out my next move and what to do with the ex wife. I came back and started formulating plans to start over, which happily, I did.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Was Marquez a need-greater from Mexico/California, David I Think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit