Are there any ex-missionaries here??

by fulano 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano

Hi to everybody, after such à long time without posting!

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I was a witness in Ireland too and knew about four missionaries, in Belfast area.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Fulano, I went back and read this entire thread. It is really interesting getting an ex missionaries viewpoint on things. Did you find it hard to integrate yourself into normal non witness human life?

• fulano
    fulano

Well ignorance..etc,

I found it not that hard at all to tell you the truth. It was great to not depend on nobody for life, like housing, where to live, etc.

I divorced in 2004, met a nice younger wife and raised together with her here lovely young daughter since 2009, have two companies and a nice life.

The feelings that remain are nostalgic, I read COC the other day and thought about the persons he mentioned, John Barr, such a nice person, Sam Friend, the ex postman, who wrote articles in the Awake, remember the weekends I stayed at his home.

So many people! Where are they? Why did they not "help" you, I know....the hours wouldn't have count.

By the way, missionaries are not that special or interesting at all, most had no education of very little, not that much understanding of the bible ( same as a lot of bethelites) and more interested in there position, square meters room or there annual ticket home.

Of course there were exeptions, like Edith Ester White, from Canada, I lived with here, a real missionary, not kind, nor very friendly but devoted.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    Just found this thread Fulano, if you read this. Do you know if Pete Paschal is still around and doing well? When I was 12 he stayed many times at my house while he was visiting the cong. He was a sweet person and I have good memories of him and his wife. Actually, his wife could cook some good spaghettis.
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    Excellent read and a Eye Opener!
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Former missionary here. Glad you got out and have lived your life. 👍
  • fulano
    fulano

Where did you serve Jeff?

We served in the Dominican Republic 1991-1999, than Brooklyn and Patterson.

@Suavojr...yes I know Pete of course and his dominican wife. They were in circuit, we had some good nights together in our missionary-home. Fun with him, you still recognize his greek "laissez-faire" mentality.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Spaghetti, and dominican???? I hope she knew how to make pasteles, or bacalao con arroz blanco y pana. ☺ or just even a good ol fashion lechón asao.☺
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The old missionary home. He that has the most seniority gets the best of everything.

I've known lots of missionaries over the years and have spent nights at several missionary homes. There always seemed to be one psycho in the house making everyone else's lives miserable.

All of that is now a thing of the past it seems. Are there any more functioning missionary homes in Central or South America?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit