OUTRAGEOUS THINGS CO/DO'S SAY

by zev 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

We had one rather INSANE Circuit Overseer in Chicago District 20A when I was still on the inside.

His name was "Brother" William McGee.

He once told me at lunch after field service that:

Sex is strictly for procreation, not enjoyment. Jehovah did not give us reproductive organs to be abused with notions of perverse pleasure.

• rekless
    rekless

We had one say, " If the org. told me to march up that wall over there, I would head right there knowing Jehovah would eithr open up the wall or help me defeat gravity. That is how much faith I have in the GB."

Here's another, We were having financial problems and was late in paying our bills, one night, during a meeting the CO said I want the cong. to get up and start marching around , when we all got uot in the isle he turned off the light then we started to mull around after about 30 seconds he turned on the lights and said, "See, many hands make lights work."

• Bhagavad
    Bhagavad

Steve Konjavich, DO in San Antonio a number of years ago, when introducing himself as the new DO at a circuit assembly, went on and on and ON about Konjavich being a Serbian name and what it meant, and lots and lots of stuff about the joys of being Serbian. Not long after, the whole Serbian anti-Bosnian genocidal Balkan fun and games stories hit the fan and stayed there for a long time. I hope he was at least embarassed about what a deal he made out of being a Serb. I thought Jehovah's people were not nationalistic. Yeah, right.

• simplesally
    simplesally

At Pioneer School, a discussion about whether or not sisters should wear nylons in service or not was taking place. A sister said she thought since she was "an elder's wife" she absolutely had to wear them. I said if it was hot out, I was not wearing them, no how, now way.

Finally, he said there is a rule. He asked the elders and MS to give him the answer to which they scratched their heads.

The rule is, "If you have good legs, you don't have to wear nylons."

• LDH
    LDH

DO Joe Scaglione during the District Assembly Keynote Address (when everyone is dog-ass tired) brought a conductor's wand to the stage. About every 7 or so minutes he would tap the microphone and tell people to wake up. LOL!

He was a good guy, though. Once he told about Nathan Knorr asking him, "Why do you have a "G" in "Scaglione" if it's silent?"

He responded, "The same reason you have a "K" in Kuh-Norr." LOL

In retrospect, I wonder if Knorr wasn't looking down on his Italian brothers. You know, kind of like "Can the Salami change it's casing?"

Lisa

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Sir, please sir, ask me, sir!"

In speaking about a current disaster in the news, one C.O. said this in his assembly talk in Sydney:

"Only Jehovah's people could survive. Not one of Jehovah's Witnesses died."

Illogical, unChristian, unfeeling, and worst of all, it wasn't true!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the free speech class)

• zev
    zev

again great stuff guys and ladies

i'm dredging my swiss cheese memory for some "corkers" .

i'll try to post them soon.

lets keep it going!

• worf
    worf

Circuit Overseer Carl "Slicin" Dyson made this comment to many Jamaica Queens congregations as well as at the circuit assemblies during the year 1985 : "You've got brothers and sisters around here talking about retirement in ten more years. Isn't that foolish? "

This comment was made when he would talk about how "Close" the end of this system was and that it wouldn't even last for that much longer.

I wonder how foolish he feels now? Its been more than "ten more years" . In fact its "seventeen more years" since he made those comments and there has been no end. What a f***in joke.

BTW, does anybody know if Carl Dyson is still a CO and where he is?

Worf

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

There is something to the perfect ratio for measuring prettiness. i saw something about it recently on the learning channel. There are certain universal features to beauty, one of which is symmetry, and because I have a mind like a sieve, (Is there spellcheck in this forum?) I cannot recall all the other features of the report. They did, however, talk at some length about the ratio thing...distance between eyes, proportionate distance between nose and lips, etc. Anybody else see it?

• zev
    zev

heres a quote for ya!

1921 "The size of the nose, as also the size of the eyes, is not without significance. The small-nosed man cannot have a judicial mind, whatever his other excellencies may be. And a man whose nose upturns can no more be expected to administer justice than a pug dog can be expected to act as a shepherd." {GA Jan 19 1921 224}

straight from the witchpowers rags.

thanks Gwen for the link to these GREAT quotes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit