OUTRAGEOUS THINGS CO/DO'S SAY

by zev 47 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

post a favorite thing quote comment your c.o. or d.o. said here. (outlandish or outrageous)

the last one i had was talking about how he had to move around. his comment was "thats what "mother" wants, so we go where "mother" says.

they needed a few buckets to klean up my hurling on that one.

yours please?

Edited by - zev on 19 June 2002 14:15:0

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

"I parrot what the GB says" - Wesley Benner

After holding up a green book, one DO said "If the GB says this book is black, than this book is black".

EK

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

"A bird may land on our head but that doesn't mean we'll let it build a nest on it!" - Anthony Conti

• worf
    worf

"There is a core of faithful ones here in the congregation. If the rest of you don't gather around this core, you are going to fall right out of the truth." - Circuit Overseer George Black addressing the Merrick Congregation in Jamaica Queens New York.

Worf

• Scully
    Scully

Edwin Roach, circa 1980:

"God's organization is like a beautiful chrysanthemum that has hundreds of petals in it. One petal, on its own isn't very significant is it? In fact, if I pull one petal out of this beautiful big blossom, and just threw it away, nobody here would really know the difference. That's how the organization is too. If one person stops going to meetings and ends up leaving The Truth(tm), who is going to notice them in comparison to the beauty of the whole organization?"

I think he was trying to illustrate how the organization - as a group of individuals - was something beautiful, while individuals really could not accomplish God's will by themselves.

What he ended up doing was to crystallize the GB's opinion of each individual: inconsequential, unimportant, insignificant.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 19 June 2002 16:39:14

• zev
    zev

this is good stuff guys......

lets hear some more.....

• blondie
    blondie

Scully, his story sort of defeats the principle behind Jesus' illustration of the shepherd who leaves the 99 sheep to go find the lost one. Seems to be that one is more important than the 99 or at least as important according to Jesus.

One CO once said that the only grounds for divorce in the nation of Israel was adultery. Does anyone see the flaw in that statement?

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

one of the most memorable from C.O...........' I just don't see why a REAL Christian would go to A.A." ( circa 1997 )

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hey Worf:

Anything coming out of that co's mouth would not surprise me.

Ronin1

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I remember one psycho, I mean, CO, I think his name was Slarke, and he gave the Saturday night talk about why some people were pretty and attractive and others not!

He asked the question as a teaser on the Tuesday night.

Anyway, on Saturday, he said the faces of pretty people were in the same ratio as the Archimedes "magic number", which was some supposed natural ratio which our brains were programmed to respond to. What the ...???

Where did they find such stuff??

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit