by zev 47 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Gwen's quote.

Worf, Dyson's retired.

Lisa

• zev
    zev

heres another one, gwen used it as her signature...

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31
    if i did that, i'd get whiplash
  • HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Zev, Oh come on! Are those for real? I am quite gullible,as can be seen by the fact that I was sucked in for so many yrs, but I can't tell in this forum when you guys are joking and when you are serious!

• zev
    zev

of course they are real!

here's another one:

(please, i'm not prejudiced in any way, i'm just quoting watchtower outrageousness)

1900 "There are probably as many as a hundred colored brethren on the Watch Tower lists, some of them very clear in the truth, and very earnest in its service, financially and other-wise .. [but they are not allowed to participate in the "pioneer work" as] although we have received letters from several of these, who had intended engaging in the volunteer work, expressing surprise that in the call for volunteers in the March 1, 1900 issue we restricted the inquiry to white Protestant churches. .. The reason is that so far as we are able to judge, colored people have less education than whites - many of them quite insufficient to permit them to profit by such reading as we have to give forth. Our conclusion therefore is based upon the supposition that reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted, and a very small percentage indeed likely to yield good results. We advise, therefore, that where the Watch Tower literature is introduced to colored people it be not by promiscuous circulation, but only to those who give evidence of some ear for the truth. We avoid, so far as possible, putting the pearls of present truth into the hands of the vicious and depraved .." {ZWT Apr 15 1900 122}

• zev
    zev

want more????

• zev
    zev

last one in the bigotry line, i'm going for something else and will post them in a minute.

1901 "'It too often happens that, while the negro rapidly masters the rules and regulations of the Christian religion, he still continues to be gross, immoral, and deceitful. They (missionaries) may have succeeded in turning their disciples into professing Catholics, Anglicans, or Baptists; but the impartial observer is surprised to find that adultery, drunkenness, and lying are more apparent among the converts than among their heathen brethren.' And again: 'I regret to say that, with a few - very rare - exceptions, those native African pastors, teachers, and catechists whom I have met have been all, more or less, bad men. They attempted to veil an unbridled immorality with an unblushing hypocrisy and a profane display of mouth-religion which, to an honest mind, seemed even more disgusting than the immorality itself. While it was apparent that not one particle of true religion had made its way into their gross minds, it was also evident that the spirit of sturdy manliness which was present in their savage forefathers found no place in their false, cowardly natures.." [Given as a quotation by Russell without adverse comment] {ZWT Aug 15 1901 266}

• zev
    zev

here we go...

1929 "Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows the seed of syphilis, cancers, escema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccination is a crime, an outrage and a delusion." {GA May 1 1929 502} [Vaccinations were also stated by the Society to be a "direct violation of the everlasting covenant" and Witnesses were told not to have any - until WT Dec 15 1952 764 "The matter of vaccination is one for the individual that has to face it to decide for himself ... our Society cannot afford to be drawn into the affair legally or take the responsibility for the way the case turns out ... all objection to vaccination on scriptural grounds seems to be lacking."]

• zev
    zev

another goodie

1926 "Disease [is] caused by fermentation and heat .. not germs. [It cannot be] proven [that] any disease was caused by germs [including] so-called infectious diseases .. chicken pox and small pox." {GA Aug 25 1926 751/4} [The WTBTS position was that all scientists had got it completely the wrong way around - Diseases caused germs. No joke]
  • HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Zev...I am horrified. Keep 'em coming. It goes so far beyond humorous. I hate that I have lost so much of my life to this. Russell said these things?

• zev
    zev

HERES A FEW DOOSEYS FOR YA:

1975 "Today, there are many teenage baptized servants of Jehovah.. how far should they go with a secular education? It would hardly be consistent for such a youth, of his own choice, to pursue extensive secular studies beyond what is required by the law and by his parents.. additional years of college education may present snares." {WT 543}
    1999 ".. there are many indications that 'the end' is much closer than that [the turn of the century]" {WT 18-9}
    1999 "The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." {WT 12} [bound volume changed "20th century" to "day"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit