Your View On Capital Punishment

by Dutchie 94 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Englishman say's, "you can yell "Mind your own business", but it IS our business"

Excuse me Englishman but please do not confuse me with whom ever! When did I ever say to you or anyone else to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?
    I am sick and tired of being ATTACKED around here for BULLSH**!
    Just because you and 144..... and whom ever else doesn't like me being here for what ever stupid reason, does not make it OK for you to ATTACK me for having an opinion that differs from yours or anyone elses.

My opinions are my opinions and I don't give a fat rats ass who likes them or not. I will Not be bullied! So take your prejudged assumptions and shove em!

And fine! you are against CP that is your right. What do you want to do with the Jeffery Daumer's? Why can't you answer that?

Since you are so much more civilized then we are and it is your business then I vote that we abolish all CP and instead sentance them to life in England. You can be in charge of them and care for them in a civilized manor.

"144thousand_and_one With all due respect, plmkrzy, this is absolute horseshit Our "system" is based on our U.S. Constitution, the document that is the backbone of our legal system and our way of life in this country."

I'm sorry but it is in fact NOT horseshit. I also know many lawyers who I have a great deal of respect for. I also know personally a Judge or two and a few deputy D.A.s That are very dedicated to thier profession. There are cops and sheriff's in my family and a couple of attorneys.

Your generalized accusations of me based on less then a paragraph reflects poorly on you, with all due respect. And I am not angry about your opinion. Hopefully you will never have to be in a position to find out I was right.

"Why is it that you need to disparage judges, DAs, lawyers, and public defenders? From my perspective, this unjustified bashing of legal professionals reflects very poorly on you".

That does not apply to me

• bajarama
    bajarama

I find it sick that most liberal types support killing helpless unborn babies. Then say it's wrong to put convicted murders and rapists to death. In my opinion you have it really twisted.

I wonder how a liberal would feel if a someone brutally murdered and raped someone they loved like a daughter, son, wife or mother?

1. I say they let them live to long after the trial is over.

You liberals should love that.

baja

Edited by - bajarama on 19 June 2002 22:17:59

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Plmkrzy,

I don't dislike you being here, so you need to get off the defense and deal with the issues, rather than your delusions about the thoughts of others.

To reiterate, you said: "As it stands the system is set up to protect the pockets of the Judges and the D.A's and the Lawyers and the Public Defenders and on and on and on. It is not set up to protect the citizens." There is absolutely no basis for this statement that disparages not only legal professionals, but also those who drafted our Constitution and its amendments. I believe in our Constitution and those who have given their lives to protect it. Your comments provoked the same feeling in me that I get when I watch folks burning our flag.

You have provided no basis whatsoever for the outrageous and offensive comments you made; rather, you simply provided the following conclusory statement: "I'm sorry but it is in fact not horseshit." Then you bragged about who you know. I guess you're right, your comments weren't horseshit, they are BULLSHIT. Your purported associations with legal professionals and law enforcement personnel do not provide any support whatsoever for your ludicrous comments and are absolutely irrelevant to this issue.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

No point in arguing about it. Think what you like. I was not the one attacking you or anyone else so it must be you who is delusional.

What thing's are and what they are supposed to be are two entirely different things. Like I said before and I'll say it again, I hope someday that you never have to be awakend from you point of view.

Also I am sorry that you chose to feel the way you do and are offended by anything I said, but I will not appoligize for saying it. You have every right to be offended if that is what you chose and I have every right to share my view point too.

................................."Then you bragged about who you know."

Another assumption on your part. Am I suppose to hide who I know in order to make sure no one mistakes me for a bragger? There is no bragging about anything I said what so ever. That is simply nothing more then your perseption. Which BTW was wrong. The only reason I mentioned that was to make a point and I made that point but you decided to ignore it and accuse me of bragging about who I know. I did not say that I know FAMOUS Judges and Lawyers etc. I simply said that I know many in those professions that I have a great deal of respect for. That should be plain and clear enough but appearently you would rather be enraged and defensive so go right ahead. Keep attacking me if thats what you want to do.

NOTICE...I STILL have not attacked or insulted you and I am STILL not enraged by your assumptions.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Here's an interesting website, I find reading it quite chilling. Its good to visit this site first and then discuss the issues.

>http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/deathrow.htm

Pope

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am for and against it. If it is proven 100% that a person is guilty, then yes, but if there is any doubt of a person innocence, then no.

I have seen many true story movies where people have been put on death row and later been cleared of all charges.

One other thing that has always bothered me about capital punishment. I think it should be a family member of the victom who puts the murderer to death, not someone who was not involved. If the family member can't seem to do it, then the guilty party should just get life. To me it is murder also when someone not related to the victom puts the murderer to death. Just my opinion.

• larc
    larc

Lilacs, I want to tell you something very chilling. If someone killed my wife or one of my children, not only would I be happy to kill them, but if I thought they were going to get anything less than the death penalty, I would do anything within my power to kill them, even if it meant my own death sentence as a result.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Plum....Girl, remind me never to get on the wrong side of you LOL...you remind me of my pitt bull terrior....and I say that with fondness btw.

144...with all due respect, I have worked closely with two prominent Judges in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. They have often been quoted in the newspapers for putting away criminals for various crimes. During many informal conversations with them, they have mentioned on a personal level, that they are aware of some of the tactics lawyers use to prolong a case - in the name of 'money'. They despise the practice, but are aware of it, and there are some law firms and practicing barristers who are infamous for such practices. They DO line their pockets....and they DONT care if their client is guilty or not. They are clever enough to know how to milk the system for all they can get. They also comfort themselves in knowing that the worse the case, the more publicity they receive acting on their behalf. This isn't justice - it is corruption hiding behind a justice system that allows it. With that being said, my comments must not be misunderstood to mean that ALL criminal lawyers are corrupt, this is certainly not the case. I am merely saying that what Plum said does exist in the legal environment and I do not think it was something she come up with to try and win a debate.

I do think you have raised some interesting points, but I agree with Plum based on NOT who I know, but what has been said to me personally, by professionals in that field.

Thanks.
    Beck

ps...Larc, what you said was not at all chilling...not in the least.

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 20 June 2002 0:51:59

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Texas is the capital state in the country for executions. That was one of the things bush was famous for.

I can't say that I agree that ALL of these offenders should be on death row. Texas seems to be the extreeme in one direction. There are however quite a few I am thankful are there and know they will hopefully someday never be able to walk in public again.

This one below is incredible. I agree he should be on death row and the mother of those children should have to be held accountable for allowing it to happen. This is the sickest thing a 'human' can do to another and there is no reason to keep IT alive.

#548386 on a two year sentence from Harris County for two counts of sexual assault. Released on mandatory supervision on 09/27/1989. Returned from mandatory supervision on 09/03/1998. Released on mandatory supervision on 07/14/1999. Received mandatory supervision discharge on 03/15/2000.

LESS THEN 2 MONTHS LATER

On 05/10/2000 in Houston, Allen sexually assaulted and murdered a two year old black female in her home. The mother of the victim had left her four children under the care of Allen while she went to work. The cause of victim's death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the abdomen and chest.

I can't keep reading these. It is a never ending sea of sh**.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

LOL@Beck.. I reeally don't mean to sound so vicious. I am as calm as a cucumber..honest.<<< /images/smilies/blush.gif'

Edited by - plmkrzy on 20 June 2002 0:51:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit