Your View On Capital Punishment

by Dutchie 94 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Beck,

Do you really think management of the "new system of things" is going to work hard? Check out management at Bethel, who have their cars washed for them by the grunts. Our heaven will mirror our corporate existence.

By the way, no liquor will be permitted on earth. Liquor has been known to cause happiness, which you know is forbidden in this cult. Did you really think that we'd let you have a good time on earth when we've never done so in the past?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This thread WAS about Capital Punishment.

What about in this instance? The United States Supreme Court ruled a decision regarding capital punishment today:

My question is at what point is a "retarded" person not able to distinguish right from wrong? Some individuals who may be mildly or even severely retarded would still know that physically harming or taking the life of another person is unacceptable behavior.

Let the debate begin.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Reborn

I guess that opens up the debate as to who is sane and who is not. We could be here all day LOL...oh that's right...we are!!

That was an interesting article btw.

I notice a lot of us (I include myself) would retaliate aggressively if anything were to happen to one of our own.

What I am wondering is: how would we react if if was one of own who intentionally took the life of another person's son, daughter, child, parent etc. I asked myself this question, and wondered how I would feel if my child grew up to become a murdering sicko. Would my views on CP change?

Short answer - NO.

Beck

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Reborn/Beck..That is probably the toughest question and there probably is no perfect answer. Of course were going to have a record amount of retarded people in prison since the bill was passed. Everyone on death row will become retarded now. But that is something we need to wade through one day at a time and deal with because there are cases of some who have been put to death because they simply were not able to defend them selves and many could have very well been innocent. We know for a fact that there have been people executed and then later found to be innocent while the seriel killers comfortably walk freely among us if they have enough $$$ and can buy there way out. Like OJ DID. He took all of the Juriors to Disneyland after the trial and then to a party. They all had a wonderful time.

And then there is someone like The retarded kid from a poor family that signed a confession because he was told to by the very people who are hired to safe guard human rights, And then executed, while the one who committed the murder went free. This kid didn't have a chance because he didn't even understand what his right's were so he obviously had none.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Regarding CP just in general. I don't believe that everytime someone dies at the hands of another deserves to be put to death.

But anyone sane or not who kills people in cold blood and there are oodles that have confessed to killing because they enjoy doing it. If they ever got out of prison they would do it again. They need the death penalty.

I would go as far to agree with it regardless of IQ if someone has no concience and is likely to keep killing people then whats the point.

If one of my sons deliberately murdered someone in cold blood I wouldn't change my stand on CP. My biggest concern regarding that would be centered on making sure it would not be a prolonged painful death.

I can't imagine what life would be like after living through something like that but I know I couldn't live with myself if one of mine without concience murdered someone in cold blood and got off easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit