Proof - of what?

by Doltologist 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Oubliette

My point was that the Jovie publication mentioned non-living chemicals. That implied that living chemicals existed. I wasn't aware that there was a distinction or what that distinction was.

Do we know how life was spontaneously created? No - no one was there. However, we can make informed assumptions as to how this may have occurred and then we can try and duplicate those assumptions in a lab. We don't have the answer right now but that doesn't mean that we won't at some point in the future and it certainly doesn't mean that we can attribute the creation of life to god. This is the religtard and illogical way - if we can't figure it, out attribute it to god.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I've never heard them called "Jovies", before.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Doltologist, I understood what you meant, I was directing my comments at the WT goofy language. We know lurkers are reading here too!

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

• telemetry11
    telemetry11

Doltologist,

Re “That's the point, if we have enough attempts to create life, eventually, we will succeed.”

Did life emerge on its own or not? What is the tested reality?

Scientists working on the origin of life deserve a lot of credit. They have attacked the problem by experiment and calculation, as science should. Slowly, painstakingly, the structures of more and more biological molecules were elucidated, and the way they work inferred from countless experiments.

Modern biochemistry has shown that any “cooperative self-replicating system” (including any hypothetical protobiont) is (or would have been) operated by teams of molecular machines—PROTEINS. Proteins are the machines within living things that build the structures and carry out the chemical reactions necessary for life.

What is the probability that even one simple practical protein molecule emerged on its own? Biochemistry answers: one chance in 10^113. An idea of the probability involved is seen in the fact that the number 10^113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the visible universe.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Telemetry11

According to your argument then, it's impossible for even a simple protein molecule to have emerged on its own.

Therefore, god did it.

But, god can't have done it because god is a figment of Man's imagination therefore, the mechanism that we assume to have created proteins must be wrong.

• telemetry11
    telemetry11

Doltologist,

Is-- “That's the point, if we have enough attempts to create life, eventually, we will succeed.”--the mechanism that you assume?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Telemetry11

- and your mechanism is .....?

• telemetry11
    telemetry11

Doltologist,

Clearly, despite your assumptions to the contrary, there are no assumed mechanisms in my argument.

A little perspective on “the number 10^113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the visible universe.” 10^113 is, actually, representative of the estimated number of all the atoms in 10000000000000000000000000000000000 typical universes— give or take.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Telemetry11

A little perspective on “the number 10^113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the visible universe.” 10^113 is, actually, representative of the estimated number of all the atoms in 10000000000000000000000000000000000 typical universes— give or take.

I am not a religtard. Please do not treat me as such. I don't have one degree, I have several - and all in science. I am well aware of the meaning of 10 ^ 13.

I didn't assume you had a mechanism - I asked you what yours was.

What is your point?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Telemetry11

Also, before you quote your big numbers to impress people who don't know any better, I suggest you read this:

http://www.science20.com/stars_planets_life/calculating_odds_life_could_begin_chance

The fact is, god doesn't exist. However, we do. Therefore, whatever the mechanism is that created life, it must have a statistical probability of creating life which is considerably greater than 10 ^ 113, otherwise, we wouldn't be here, would we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit