Waiting's Never-ending Joke Thread

by Seven 305 Replies latest social humour

• dubla
    dubla

waiting-

well, that was one helluva guess, but no. let me explain the name since you asked......dubla is actually double "a", my initials, A.A. some of my friends here (south bend, indiana) call me double a, so i use that handle all the time. i used to be a jw, its been many years though since i left. i added the j to the handle just for this forum, and for that exact reason (sounds like jdub), to throw people off i guess....but now i wish i could go back and change it, i liked dubla better! simon, help, i want to change my handle and dont know how!! anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome....and i already "joined right in", posted a few not-so-funny jokes up the screen here a little ways.........nice to meet you waiting, take care....

aa

• Seven
    Seven

Beforethis thread crashes, and it will in time, save what you want. Somewhere around the 350 post mark, the Vincent threads started to break up. The recent one can't be repaired much to the delight of some I'm sure. Anyhow, someone see to it that a good laugh can always be had here at Simon's. After the meltdown, build another one,
    and another, and another....

peace,
    seven

• Gopher
    Gopher

Seven,

Oh you Cassandra! You sayer of doom! Who really wants to believe that WNEJT is about to go splat! Here---have a piece of this iceberg. (I hear the orchestra playing "nearer my God to thee". It's time to rearrange the deck chairs....... glug glug,)

Quick get me onto another joke thread! But whoever starts it, please don't tease us with a "never ending" promise. Didn't we leave unrealistic promises behind in the Borg??? (Oh come on I'm not serious folks.... This is a JOKE thread remember)

Enough of this stream of consciousness.... and I didn't even have any beer yet.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey 7,

Thanks for the warning! And I was not fussing about the Vincent thread - I was fussing about the page numbers making the title page scroll off to the side - Big Damned Difference, imho.

Oh you Cassandra! You sayer of doom! Who really wants to believe that WNEJT is about to go splat!

I think that pretty well sums up your warning! Soooo, you're a Cassandra now? I'm sure there's a *meaning* to that?

I've just spent a bleary hour going over the first 8 pages - whew! Again, thanks for the warning.

I'm soneone who has a deep emotional attachement to Starsky and Hutch. Bill Clinton

waiting

• Caole
    Caole

Hey Seven...I did save pages 1 through 24 of the recent "cafe" thread(I thought it might crash again...would have saved the last ones also, but was staying with my parents). I don't know much about message board scripting, code, or whatnot, but maybe they could be used to bring back most of the old thread? I'll see if I can upload them to a page where they can be accessed. TTFN!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Seven,

It just occurred to me - you should start another joke thread, before this one collapses. And you should start it because you can keep a thread going longer than anyone else......besides tj.

But, THIS time, you name it other than my name. Perhaps we can offer some suggestions?

Seven's Never Ending Joke Thread
    Seven's Slow-to-End Joke Thread
    Community Jokes
    Dirty Jokes
    Seven's Dirty Jokes
    Wide Open Joke Thread

I could use some help here - whatcha say, huh? huh?

waiting

• Gopher
    Gopher

Waiting,

How about "The Thread to End All Threads"?

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Caole
    Caole

• Caole
    Caole

That was bad...I apologize...profusely

• waiting
    waiting

And well you should, caole............

At whatever point a man apologizes in an argument with his wife, her response will be the same. "It's to late."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit