Our Second Un-Invitation Card

by ozziepost 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

OZ-man,

That's a damn shame. You're right-the WTBTS does break up families....because if they can control you enough to abandon family members, then they can control ANY aspect in life.

ashi

• Simon
    Simon

Don't let them get you down!

I think it's best to go and that way, when your daughter comes to her senses, neither of you will feel bad that you missed being there on the day even though it wasn't brilliant at the time.

I haven't been to a family event with any over here for years now (and we don't get to Canada too often). It's a shame that I don't really miss them anymore. If anything, it's nice to leave all the family-crap behind me.

• LB
    LB
    show her the unconditional love that she deserves

Oh I'm not so sure she deserves the love she's getting. But she'll get it from the people who love her the most.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I can't beleive people do this. It makes absoulutely no sense. How could you tell your parents not to attend your graduation. UNREAL

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello Ozzie :o)

Hugs to you and your wife.

Such an un-invitation is beyond my comprehension and outside my experience and I can only begin to imagine the hurt that you both must be feeling.

If it was a child of mine who was graduating, I don't think I would be able to prevent myself from going up to her and giving her a hug.

If your on-screen persona is anything to go by, I know that you will act with great dignity and discretion tomorrow, despite what you may feel inside.

My heart feels for you all in this distressing situation and I pray that there will be a healing of rifts and a resumption of *true* family life for you all.

God bless you Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can't believe some one could do this. Go and be proud. Show her what unconditional love looks like. Maybe some day she will wake up and smell the coffee.

• LDH
    LDH

Mr and Mrs Ozzie,

I am so sorry. That is painful.

Hugs to you too, Og.

Lisa

• Quotes
    Quotes

It won't be easy, but we're with you all the way! Just remember that you are the bigger/better person in this, and let them see that

(1) you haven't become a drug-crazed, over-sexed, lieing, cheating, stealing worldly

(2) you are not radio-active

(3) you have not burst into flames

Your presence could send a strong message. We're rooting for you!

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"show her the unconditional love that she deserves

Oh I'm not so sure she deserves the love she's getting. But she'll get it from the people who love her the most."

Sorry, LB.. You are correct in that it was a poor choice of wording..

She deserves to be shown undeserved kindness and unconditional love..

She is TRYING to hurt Mr & Mrs Ozzie, so that they do not continue to show her their love.. The reason is simple.. Because it BOTHERS her that they do love her, continue to show her that love, and that she is being 'forbidden' from returning that love...

At some point in time, she may come to realize that indeed she is the one that is not free, as the Ozzie's can love whomever they want, freely show it to whomever they want, even if the person doesn't return that love...

It's a very hurtful thing to be shunned by your own family/friends, but remember, WE ARE THE ONES in the know, and we KNOW that it is wrong to shun.. So, if we then accept and allow the 'sinners' to shun us as they are taught to do, are we not then committing a sin since we know better, and they do not?

Show them that they can shun all they want, and yeah, of course it hurts, but we still love them, will do anything for them that we can, and will not in any way allow their 'sin' of shunning to take away our inner peace and unconditional love we have for them...

They are the ones committing the sin(s), not us.. But they are under the bondage of current day pharisee's.. They do not know what they do...

We should love them even more as they try to make 'us' break the bonds.

Good for you, Ozzie and Mrs. Ozzie.. I will be sure to say a prayer for you and your daughter tonight!!!! Let us know how the graduation is.. May god be with you, and I am 100% sure that the thoughts, prayers and good wishes of all of the people on this board that know better are also with you!!!!

Love,

itsjustlittleoldme

• Simon
    Simon

If you are radio-active and can burst into flames then you probably have a good chance of making it as a superhero. Contact Marvel Comics immediately!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit