Our Second Un-Invitation Card

by ozziepost 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Some of you may remember the post about the Un-Invitation Card which is sent to DA/DF persons who have previously been invited to a wedding. The Un-Invitation Card tells them not to turn up!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27313&site=3

Well, Mrs Ozzie and I received another one a few days ago. This time from our daughter who informed us that since she'd invited Witnesses to her university graduation tomorrow, if Mrs Ozzie and I turned up, she wouldn't acknowledge us.

It goes without saying that this is the most hurtful of experiences, but we should also think of how many times this happens to DA/DF family members when weddings and other family occasions occur.

What will we do? Well, this time we're going to do what we always have done, we're going. We shall go to share in a most joyful time (well, it should be) as we share(?) in the results of all our hard work over the years.

We understand that even relatives who've never previously taken an interest have been enlisted to share in preventing us from seeing her there. Seems like it's going to be a trying day.

So the WTS claims it doesn't split up families? Like hell it doesn't!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• detective
    detective

I'm sorry. I'm very sorry that you have to go through this. Nobody should have to go through this type of thing.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{Ozzie}}}}}

I am sooo sorry for you.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Good for you Ozzie!!!

Go, and put on a very happy and proud smile as your daughter receives her diploma...

Unfortunatly, and it is very hard at times to remember, but the only way you can become a victim is if you let yourself become a victim!!!

Just remember who's being persecuted now.. That would be you and the Mrs.. You, after all, know better.. You have seen the truth (sorry, no bad pun intended) and it is your daughter who is in the dark..

Don't be upset with her, don't be hurt by her actions, but show her the unconditional love that she deserves because you do love her unconditionally.. Remember when you would do this to people, how you felt 'justified' because you knew you were 'correct'... Well, don't lose that now, you know you are correct, in that shunning is wrong, and un-loving, and more importantly, that the shunning is not justified in any way shape or form..

Personally, I think the best thing you could do would be to give her exactly what she wants in this case (Show her respect).. She said she wouldn't acklowledge your presence.. So, show up, make sure she knows you are there and sees you, but don't even attempt to go up to her and greet her...

I am truly sorry that you are experiencing this, but hold your head up high, and allow your heart and love for your daughter to shine through... !!!

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

ozzie,

I think it is great that you are still going regardless of the un-invite. I think someday your daughter will be happy that you came, until then do what you need to do for you!

(Maybe you could send her an nice un-gift)

• og
    og

This sure hits home, as my super-fine, faithful-witness wife is busily raising my children to stop acknowledging me. Thanks for posting Ozzie. I'm feeling rather bitter today and it helps to know others are dealing with broken family crap.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((Ozzie & Ms. Ozzie)))))

I am so sorry you are being hit with emotional warfare.

I agree with Itsjustlittleofme. We are only victims if we let ourselves be, but it still HURTS.

We haven't been dealt any shunning from our families, but I'm afraid the s**t hasn't hit the fan for us yet.

Hang in there, and know that you are doing the right thing, no matter what the consequence.

Love to you both.

j2bf

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie,

Walk tall.

You pay for your daughters education and the WTS instruct her not to speak with you - this I think shows the depth of control they have on a persons emotions.

Mrs. Step and I will be thinking of you - HS

• Valis
    Valis

Ozzie I say bollocks to all that flummery! I would go to her graduation anyway. All those years you put in as a parent/chauffer/providor have to have some full circle w/a payoff. If she won't recognize you then she obviously got very little out of her education, especially on the critical thinking dept. All this shunning people and living in a fantasy land will catch up to her eventually. Perhaps it won't be until she's old and you have long since passed, but when the lightbulb comes on you will seem in her mind the bigger man for supporting her at things like graduation, etc...Best of luck to you and the missus...good thoughs from the land o'Texas.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((((Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit