ItsJustlittleoldme

LOL @ SIMON

• og
    og

Thanks Lisa.

• Englishman
    Englishman

You go, Mr & Mrs Ozzie!

Your young 'un has probably been instructed by the elders to do this. She's probably been told that it's a loving act that will bring you to your senses.

Sheesh.

Englishman.

• puppylove
    puppylove

OMG, are you PAYING for her college education? What a most hurtful thing!

• Mulan
    Mulan

You two are very classy people. Enjoy it anyway! It's her loss too.
    Love you!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Southland
    Southland

Mr & Mrs Ozzie,

How sad to hear about this ... what I don't understand is that since the Society discourages its people from anything other than trade school or two year college, going to the University for four years surely this doesn't follow the rules. How is your daughter able to reconcile following one set of rules and not the others?

This is so sad,
    Bill

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie))))))))))

GLad that you decided to go. The WTS may still have control over your daughter, but show that they don't have control over YOU. I am amazed that she could even imagine saying something like that to her parents, and to consider the help that you have given her over the years..... unbelievable!! But yet again, you and Mrs Ozzie are acting in quiet dignity.

love and hugs from your "adopted" daughter

• Scully
    Scully

Dear Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie

So sorry that your daughter has made the choice to hurt you so deeply.

Even though my parents and I were not on the best of terms over the past several years since leaving the Org, I never showed them the level of disrespect and lack of gratitude that you are experiencing. I know they were thrilled when I was the first of their children to graduate with honours from college. When I started Nursing School, I was 31 years old, with a husband and three children, and hadn't set foot in a classroom (other than my children's) in 13 years because I devoted myself to being the best dub-wife and dub-mom I could be. My graduation ceremony was as much a tribute to their hard work in raising me to be a responsible person (in spite of the dubbly environment) as it was to all my hard work and perseverence. I can't imagine excluding my parents from anything like this. It's almost like not wanting your parents to have been there when you were born.

I agree with everyone else here: Go anyway. You've paid for her upbringing and supported her for all these years, so you're entitled to see the fruitage of your hard work. Show her and all her dub friends (who will eventually leave her in the lurch when she needs them the most) that you're the better Christians and can still show love to those who smugly shun you.

We'll all be there with you in spirit.

Love, Scully

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I feel for you Oz, but as someone who was in your daughters place years ago, try to be patient. I could never shun my dad, but I did seriously limit my association with him after he DA'd himself. It wasn't until after his death that I had an awakening. Now I could kick myself for all of the time I wasted not being around him. I would give my eye-teeth to spend just one hour with him now.

Hopefully your daughter will come to her senses before it's too late. I agree with what was said earlier, go and make sure she sees you, but let her come up to you. Kindness and unconditional love are the things that may awaken your daughter. It did with me.

"It is not that I am afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

-Woody Allen-

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Your children can break your heart in a way that no one else can. I love my children beyond all reason. I can imagine how you feel because I feel sad just trying to relate to this experience.

My prayers are with you and your wife (and your daughter too).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit