This Board and JWs

by comforter 59 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no comfort in "NON"-sense,from non,the idiot troll.Yep he`s back!And he`s got a new name..for now...OUTLAW

• comforter
    comforter

You people are so paranoid. That is another thing about this place. I am not non or duns whoever. Get a life. Lakers have won and it is now time for refreshing libation. Go Lakers.

• Farkel
    Farkel

comforter,

Let's take a look at your comments, shall we?

: At one time, this board seemed to be fair.

Was it fair at one time or wasn't it? The dub's favorite word is "seems." They can't just straight-out say anything. No! It always "seems" to be something. Let's assume then that what you really meant was, "at one time this board was fair."

: But I no longer think that it is, to jws, at least. Ex-jws here can cuss, insult, say FU to everybody they don't like, and call jws pedophiles.

JWs are perfectly free to cuss, insult, say FU to everyone they don't like and call ex-JWs pedophiles. So, what's your problem?

: Ex-jws can post fluff posts too and have multiple identities with no problem. Can jws do things like that among you people? No they cannot.

Give us an example, then. I won't hold my breath. Besides, your entire life in dubland is nothing but fluff and vapor. I would think you'd be sick and tired of fluff by now.

: You advocates of free speech need to check yourself. All you want is a place where you can carry on one long monologue.

This is a discussion board, dummy. "Discussion" does not mean monologue.

: Too much negativity up in this place.

Yeah, your probably right. Let's talk about something upbuilding, the Good News of Jehovah's Kingdom. Yeah, let's talk about that good news. Let's see that good news involves the merciless destruction of 99.9% of people living, or about six BILLION people.

Are you cheered up now?

: I await the customary insults.

You're probably a masochist, so I won't do it. After all, I'M a sadist!

Farkel

• Bang
    Bang
    I am of the mind that what emanates from a man's mouth is a reflection of what he is inwardly.

I'm sure we all agree on that, but you can't hold back prophecy. The Lord did say that the righteous would laugh.
    Not sure about scoffing though: you know, that arrogant thing that dubs get up to when they think other people are 'bird seed'.

Bang

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

COMF

Na Na Da Boo Boo!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• comforter
    comforter

???: At one time, this board seemed to be fair.

Was it fair at one time or wasn't it? The dub's favorite word is "seems." They can't just straight-out say anything. No! It always "seems" to be something. Let's assume then that what you really meant was, "at one time this board was fair."???

I meant what I wrote. This board once seemed to be fair. That was my perception of the communicative phenomena presenting itself to this sentient being. But I was mis-taken.

???: But I no longer think that it is, to jws, at least. Ex-jws here can cuss, insult, say FU to everybody they don't like, and call jws pedophiles.

JWs are perfectly free to cuss, insult, say FU to everyone they don't like and call ex-JWs pedophiles. So, what's your problem???

My problem is that one Bible writer counsels God's people not to even talk about that which is unholy. Let is not be mentioned among you, he says. That is the problem.

???: Ex-jws can post fluff posts too and have multiple identities with no problem. Can jws do things like that among you people? No they cannot.

Give us an example, then. I won't hold my breath. Besides, your entire life in dubland is nothing but fluff and vapor. I would think you'd be sick and tired of fluff by now.???

Simple. Witnesses are removed by Simon if they post fluff or have two identities in this place.

???: You advocates of free speech need to check yourself. All you want is a place where you can carry on one long monologue.

This is a discussion board, dummy. "Discussion" does not mean monologue.???

It is a pseudo discussion board. In reality, this place is one long monologue. Or one might say, in Joe Campbell's words, that this place is constructed and characterized by one long monomyth.

???: Too much negativity up in this place.

Yeah, your probably right. Let's talk about something upbuilding, the Good News of Jehovah's Kingdom. Yeah, let's talk about that good news. Let's see that good news involves the merciless destruction of 99.9% of people living, or about six BILLION people.???

The destruction of this wicked world is good news. No more crime, sexual assaults, sickness or drama.

{{{Are you cheered up now?}}}

I do not come to this place for cheer. I am present to comfort through discomfort.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!Farkel is in the house!Hey non-comfort,if you like,I bet Farkel can turn the heat up for you just a tad.Of course that will mean he`ll have to kick your ass all over the board.Enjoy your dis-comfort,you`ll be getting alot of it,till your tossed off the board,again..LOL...OUTLAW

• Mackin
    Mackin
    The Bible urges God's people to speak that which is holy. So I do not believe that filthy speech is befitting a Christian. That is what I meant.
    I am of the mind that what emanates from a man's mouth is a reflection of what he is inwardly.

So a JW going from door-to-door telling lies to innocent people and deceiving them with a false hope of everlasting life is OK, but a few "colourful" words is "not befitting a Christian"

When I was in the Borg I used to hypocritically dismiss people simply because they swore. Since leaving I have learned to stop judging people on such a superficial basis. Swearing (or "cussing" as you call it) is NOT the measure of what someone is on the inside. Far from it in fact.

-----------------------------------
    To the world you may be one person,
    But to one person you may be the world.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Comforter,

Sorry, you uh... reminded me of another poster. My mistake.

Thanks for the response, but if you were going to respond to my post, I kinda wish you would have responded to the first one.

Hmmm

• comforter
    comforter

???When I was in the Borg I used to hypocritically dismiss people simply because they swore. Since leaving I have learned to stop judging people on such a superficial basis. Swearing (or "cussing" as you call it) is NOT the measure of what someone is on the inside. Far from it in fact.???

I do not write people off because they cuss. But I do believe, based on the Bible and Buddhism and life experience, that what one says comes from the heart.

To qualify, a true Christian might sometimes get angry and utter a profane term. The ransom can cover these sins. But certain inhabitants in this place cuss all the time. I am hard pressed to believe that this language is not coming from the heart.

I will answer Hmmm tomorrow. Now I gotta go celebrate the Laker's victory with a few libational offerings of the nonalcoholic sort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit