This Board and JWs

by comforter 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang
    My problem is that one Bible writer counsels God's people not to even talk about that which is unholy. Let is not be mentioned among you, he says. That is the problem.

Well, yeah. So if posters keep themselves to their Yes being Yes and their No being No, well, what can you say - it's part of their make up, that which is whole. Do you think God likes 'fine' speak, if it doesn't reflect someone's true feeling?

Do you think you'd find Jesus at the kh speaking 'fine', or at the pub telling the truth?

Bang

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi Bang,

The Lord did say that the righteous would laugh.
    ...reminded me of a couple of lines in a Kris Kristofferson song,

..."God's still up there laughing - so he's gotta be alive,
    and who says he can't take a dirty joke...

Many so-called dirty jokes are can be very amusing, actually. And who says God wouldn't find some shit really funny, especially if it involved actual circumstance...

Jrig

• spaz
    spaz

Yeah comforter I think you make a good point. This forum seems to attract all the jw rejects now xjw reprobates with their self-righteous, myopic and judgmental ways they learned from the WTS. Most of the participants here are big whiney girls, the rest are bulldykes with and without penises.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now we know who Spaz and Comforter are,Misticool and Hilda Who-ever.Dumb Ass TROLL,Simon is gonna be soooooooooo done with you.See you in your next incarnation...OUTLAW

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well spoken OUTLAW.

It amazes me that people are so desperate they insult people behind a veil of Internet anonymity. Then they proceed to get banned from a discussion board for being an annoyance and disturbance, then return under another reincarnation to continue the same pattern of behavior.

MavMan
    NYT
    Hilda-Mystikool
    Spaz

this means all of you.

• SYN
    SYN

Knowing that there is a 99% chance that this pro-Dub guy "Comforter" isn't going to respond to this (except with ad-hominem attacks), here goes:

I meant what I wrote. This board once seemed to be fair. That was my perception of the communicative phenomena presenting itself to this sentient being. But I was mis-taken.
    Examples please? I love it when people throw around unsubtantiated evidence! Come on, the history of the board is laid bare, give us some links to the threads which evidently offended you!

My problem is that one Bible writer counsels God's people not to even talk about that which is unholy. Let is not be mentioned among you, he says. That is the problem.
    AHAHAHA! Many Bible writers said completely silly things too - God's nostrils, "take 'em two by two", and all that. Your Bible is a sham, big guy, and you don't even know it!

Simple. Witnesses are removed by Simon if they post fluff or have two identities in this place.
    Well, see, I'm not really a Witness no more (I'm DAd), but I have two personalities which I use exclusively when I run out of posts (hasn't happened in a while tho). Simon only removes troublemakers and tro certain people who don't respond to others after starting flamebait threads!

It is a pseudo discussion board. In reality, this place is one long monologue. Or one might say, in Joe Campbell's words, that this place is constructed and characterized by one long monomyth.
    THIS COMING FROM A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS???? Oh, but that is RICH! You must be one of the most deluded people I've ever seen here! Defend yourself baby! Don't just sit there making accusations - you've made some really bad statements, and without corroborating evidence to support your views, everyone here will promptly view you as a simple tro certain people!

The destruction of this wicked world is good news.
    Well, that cuts it for me. Witnesses are definitely for the killing of 6 billion people. Delightful. OH, I can't wait until Farkel hits this thread, because your ass is GONNA FRY! Whatever happened to "love your neighbour", eh? I suppose anyone who isn't in the publishing company formerly known as a religion doesn't count as a neighbour, eh? FLAME ON, PEOPLE!

No more crime, sexual assaults, sickness or drama.
    Dub paradise. Cool, you can attend meetings all day long. Hell, you could even dispose of your entire brain, 'cause all you'd need is a spine! Not that you have one to start with!

I do not come to this place for cheer. I am present to comfort through discomfort.
    Whatever the hell that means!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• comforter
    comforter

???There is some truth to what you say, in my opinion. It is not by Simon's design, it's just the nature of the (Internet discussion forum) beast. JWs are outnumbered 99-1 here. If they say something positive about JWs, they should expect to hear 99 bad things.???

I expect negativity toward jws when I step up in this place. One can understand that. But if one says there is free speech exercised and allowed in this place, then that one should mean what he says. Do not discriminate and allow ex-jw to break all the rules.

???On the other hand, if I were to go to a pro-JW DB and say something negative about JWs, I would fully expect to hear 99 positive things. JWs could cuss (yes they do that, even here), insult, tell me I'm going to die, and call me demonized. I could lambaste them, point out how their conduct is unchristian, and tell them that all they want to do is carry on one long monologue... but I'm savvy enough to realize the environment in which I placed myself. Instead, I would exercise self control, reply to those who seemed sincere, and ignore those that didn't.???

Good comments.

???Of course, you're free to respond in any way you choose... free speech and all.???

Yes but it seems that jws are kicked off this place for speaking freely. That is the way I perceive the situation.

• comforter
    comforter

???i]I meant what I wrote. This board once seemed to be fair. That was my perception of the communicative phenomena presenting itself to this sentient being. But I was mis-taken.
    Examples please? I love it when people throw around unsubtantiated evidence! Come on, the history of the board is laid bare, give us some links to the threads which evidently offended you!???

I already provided an example. Go back and read what was written to Farkel.

???My problem is that one Bible writer counsels God's people not to even talk about that which is unholy. Let is not be mentioned among you, he says. That is the problem.
    AHAHAHA! Many Bible writers said completely silly things too - God's nostrils, "take 'em two by two", and all that. Your Bible is a sham, big guy, and you don't even know it!???

You have no idea what you are saying. You think that the ancient Hebrews actually believed that God has literal nostrils. Please do not be so dense. Certain Kabbalistic Jews may have begun to believe that God has a literal body. But the Hebrew Bible's use of such images as divine nostrils are anthropomorphisms or metaphors. Are you just playing like you are dense?

???It is a pseudo discussion board. In reality, this place is one long monologue. Or one might say, in Joe Campbell's words, that this place is constructed and characterized by one long monomyth.
    THIS COMING FROM A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS???? Oh, but that is RICH! You must be one of the most deluded people I've ever seen here! Defend yourself baby! Don't just sit there making accusations - you've made some really bad statements, and without corroborating evidence to support your views, everyone here will promptly view you as a simple tro certain people!???

The entire construct here is mostly monomythical. There is too much evidence in this place for such a construct to even document it. From the jw supposed fear to meet with Bill Bowen to the alleged pedophile paradise among jws. All of it is part of the Campbellian-like monomyth.

???The destruction of this wicked world is good news.
    Well, that cuts it for me. Witnesses are definitely for the killing of 6 billion people. Delightful. OH, I can't wait until Farkel hits this thread, because your ass is GONNA FRY! Whatever happened to "love your neighbour", eh? I suppose anyone who isn't in the publishing company formerly known as a religion doesn't count as a neighbour, eh? FLAME ON, PEOPLE!???

Do not twist my words, dense. Did I ever say that I take pleasure in 6 billion people dying or that 6 billion people will die at Armageddon? Show me proof that I said such things, big britches. I wrote that the destruction of this wicked world is good news. Better conditions for all survivors. I said nothing about who would die in the coming conflagration. I love my neighbors and it is not for any of us to judge who God will annihilate.

???No more crime, sexual assaults, sickness or drama.[/i]
    Dub paradise. Cool, you can attend meetings all day long. Hell, you could even dispose of your entire brain, 'cause all you'd need is a spine! Not that you have one to start with!???

Notice how you take the opportunity to negatively spin my positive statement. I think it says something about your mental state. See a pathologist soon.

• JT
    JT

POINT WELL taken-

but you are now being introduced to the real world not the sterile world that wt wants you to stay in .
    you got some choices to make

everyone here will not cuss you out and just like eveyrone at your hall don't treat you with Love-

my suggeiton is ID someone that you woould like to dialog with and take it off line

that is what i did- i did't want to fight and deal with alot of the foolishness that i felt i was dealing with when i came on the net

so i found some guys and gals that had the same issues of concern about the direction that the org was going in and we took it off line

we did our personal research and got back with each other to examine the issues on many fronts

so the choice is your

the fact remains you can deal with wt issues now or you can deal with them later

cause they ain't going nowhere - if you are a jw they will be there until you decide to address them

my suggestion is got to sites where there is no commentary or chatrooms
    AND READ READ READ AND READ the then look up the reference to the wt publications to see if it is there or not

you have to do some work YOURSELF --SINCE IT IS FOR YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE

JUST MY 2

• comforter
    comforter

Deat JT

Thanks for balanced comments. I am able to admit when others who are not jw make valid points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit