This Board and JWs

by comforter 59 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

At one time, this board seemed to be fair. But I no longer think that it is, to jws, at least. Ex-jws here can cuss, insult, say FU to everybody they don't like, and call jws pedophiles. Ex-jws can post fluff posts too and have multiple identities with no problem. Can jws do things like that among you people? No they cannot. You advocates of free speech need to check yourself. All you want is a place where you can carry on one long monologue. Too much negativity up in this place. I await the customary insults.

• Solace
    Solace

Everyones different.
    There is negativity everywhere. You cant escape negativity. Well, maybe in fairy tales. Then again, Humpty Dumpty did fall off the wall. I guess theres no escaping it.
    You and I both know there is also allot of truth here. Unfortionatly the truth hurts sometimes.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I love you, comforter.

ashi

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Comforter,

Sorry that's been your experience. What were you looking for on this board? It's really not a place, it seems to me, for a "spiritual" JW discussion about the Bible. Don't feel too mad, it's a free board.

You think you got problems?? I have fleas in my house and I don't have any pets!! [>:(] They must tag along on me from the garden from the neighbors' cats.

Pat

• LB
    LB

We can grow beards too

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

We don't object to JWs farting during the public prayers. So, what's the problem?

Besides, life itself isn't fair. If it were, we could poop on pigeons.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey comforter,eat a bug!Walk west till your hat floats.(oh yeah and I`m supposed to cus)Shit,shit,and double shit!..Hope I didn`t dissapoint you.(LOL)...OUTLAW

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Duns, is that you?

There is some truth to what you say, in my opinion. It is not by Simon's design, it's just the nature of the (Internet discussion forum) beast. JWs are outnumbered 99-1 here. If they say something positive about JWs, they should expect to hear 99 bad things.

On the other hand, if I were to go to a pro-JW DB and say something negative about JWs, I would fully expect to hear 99 positive things. JWs could cuss (yes they do that, even here), insult, tell me I'm going to die, and call me demonized. I could lambaste them, point out how their conduct is unchristian, and tell them that all they want to do is carry on one long monologue... but I'm savvy enough to realize the environment in which I placed myself. Instead, I would exercise self control, reply to those who seemed sincere, and ignore those that didn't.

Of course, you're free to respond in any way you choose... free speech and all.

Hmmm

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

comforter sorry for your discomfort
    on this board. A word of advice try
    following the watchtower advice and
    stay off the board of opinions with
    facts many like yourself can't face
    or better yet try living forever and
    just follow the counsel of the BORG.
    LOVE BERNARD MY REAL NAME DAMN IT.

• Bang
    Bang

You tell em comforter,
    You advocates of free speech need to put some binders on your speech.

The problem is, when JWs become involved in critical debate, they don't have a leg to stand on - the very foundations of their religion is a lie.

Check this out,
    How would a JW adequately refute this simple observation.

Cain worked quite hard and obviously took pride in his sacrifice to God and he hated the fact that God liked Abel - he didn't think that Abel deserved it as much as he did, so, not humble, he rose up - against him, putting him down, killed off.
    When asked about him, Cain said "that's not my problem".

This is the story of jehovah's witnesses, and the doctrine.
    Now try and tell me different in a believable debate - in five minutes or so.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit