What products have you bought that exceed your expectations?

by skeeter1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While on the big island of Hawaii, I found Rusty's Hawaiian Coffee. I was their first mail-order customer and still buy it today. It's awesome. It was the Hawaiian coffee at Barack Obama's first inauguration, but I was a customer way before that.

http://rustyshawaiian.com/

• Terry
    Terry

Is it grown in volcanic soil, OnTheWayOut?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

My Macs pretty much never die. I still use one I bought in 2000 from time to time. Apple was still issuing updates for it as of a few years ago even though the hardware and OS were obsolesced long ago. I also have a 1st generation iPod touch that still works perfectly. People keep saying that the batteries don't last, but this one still holds a charge, and it's just turned eight years old. Besides Apple products, I can't think of any that exceeded my expectations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Fenix LD22 flashlight. Throw in some rechargeable NiMH batteries, and that will get you through most common emergencies. Bring one into the store, and the one time the electricity cuts off and their generator goes dead, you will be able to get out of the store. It will bring a potentially life threatening situation (getting trampled while trying to find the exit) down to a nuisance (you will not be able to get what you went in for).

Best part, for those who are still jokehovians or that ever find themselves Scientology'd back in, if you find yourself at a Big Boasting Session (or a regular one if your building lacks windows), and the lights go out and the backup lighting goes dead, you can navigate your way out of the auditorium. Do not offer assistance to others not in your immediate group or you might lose the light. Put that thing on Low, and you can safely get out while everyone else (including those hounders trying to sue or drug you back in or hound you to doing the Israel mission) stumble around in the dark. Best of all, those lights are more reliable with no light bulbs to blow just when you need them most.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Kent Combs. Once you comb your hair with one, you will never want another comb. Ever. Again.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Two more I thought of. My black and Decker cordless drill/driver. I got it as a Xmas gift eight years ago, it still works even though I use it almost daily. I also have a black and Decker toaster oven, I have had a few over the years, they last a good long time and are very useful. Since it's just my husband and I, I often use it instead of the big oven, which saves on electricity.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My USA made Toyota, 1998 model, 294000 miles on it, no problems-still running.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My Lodge cast iron skillets, naturally non-stick.

I can make beautiful pan-seared just about anything: fish, steak, you name it!

Even scrambled eggs turn out wonderfully and you don't have to worry about all the toxic crap from teflon.

Lodge

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My Amope Pedi.

My feet feel so soft :)

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

25 year old Swiss Army Knife (Replaced the lost 20 yr old one) & 30 year old Cross pen set on my desk (replaced the stolen ones). 15 year old resoled Johnston and Murphy shoes. 18 yr old resoled Vasque hiking boots. All my Coleman and North-face camping gear. The 20 yr old Lexus. Some of my Craftsman 35+ year old hand tools. Forgot how old these things were...guess dad was right.....paying a little more for quality..pays off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit