What products have you bought that exceed your expectations?

by skeeter1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

A duffle coat. First time I ever walked out in 30 degree weather and feeling completely comfortable.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

A duffle coat. First time I ever walked out in 30 degree weather and feeling completely comfortable.

• designs
    designs

Good as new 15 speed bicycle bought at charity store St. Vincent de Paul for $40.00.

• talesin
    talesin

My Lodge cast iron skillets, naturally non-stick.

I can make beautiful pan-seared just about anything: fish, steak, you name it!

Even scrambled eggs turn out wonderfully and you don't have to worry about all the toxic crap from teflon.

Oubliette - That's all I use - mine are ancient skillets, and I have several sizes (they are so heavy, but that's okay). But I would LOVE to get ahold of one of the Lodge Dutch ovens!

tal

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lodge is sold all over here, but I am on the lookout for some at garage sales. They are $$ little bit. The thing is, even a nasty rusty one can be saved with minor elbow grease (google it)

I miss my enameled cast iron dutch oven. I gave it away. :(

• talesin
    talesin

JWdaughter - yes, I got one at a yard sale, what a mess! But they clean up very nicely. Have been on a 'use cast iron' campaign all my life. ;P THe Lodge stuff is quite pricey, indeed. I am always on the lookout for one, though, at the thrift store and such.

• kaik
    kaik

My PS2 and Toshiba laptop. I have still original playstation from 12 years ago that plays. I had Toshiba for years until my step dad drop it accidentally from the coffee table. All other laptops I have and had were not so good.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

My Toshiba laptop. I've had several, they last a long time and don't cost much, esp. on sale. Also, very seldom have any problems with them.

Wool sweaters.

Cast iron pans and pots. I buy grungy ones at yard sales and put them in my oven. Run it on self-clean and every bit of grunge comes off. Then I reseal them and they're like new.

Electric tooth brush.

• Bella15
    Bella15

My CHi flat iron ... I bought it like 5 years ago and still works perfectly ...

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

my motorcycle.not the kind i initially want but still having fun with it ...after 10 months;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit