Amazing Survived Major Heart Attack

by AlanF 108 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I just spoke on the phone to Amazing (Jim Whitney) who is in intensive care in a Chicago hospital. On Monday he had a major heart attack, had a stint put in an artery to unblock things and may have bypass surgery. He's comfortable enough right now, but of course will have to make some big lifestyle changes. I'll keep the board posted on his status.

AlanF

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Holy shit, you're kidding?!?!? Alan, can you send me an email with his phone #, or if he is too bad off, somewhere where I can send a card, etc? I'll email you right now.

ashi

• Mulan
    Mulan

Please give him my regards. We have emailed quite a lot. He used to live in our area.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Alan,

Thanks for letting us know! And if you speak with him or his family, please tell him that he is missed and to recover quickly (but safely )

Dana

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Thanks for the info, Alan.

I had noticed that Amazing seem to be *quiet*. Especially, with all that is happening right now.

Here's wishing him a very speedy recovery!

Andee

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jim, I wish you a speedy recovery!

You're a valued member of this community!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

wow.

Alan, if possible, might it be feasible to post the address of the hospital? I'm sure he'd appreciate a card or three.

Hmmm

• gumby
    gumby

Wow! Thanks Alan for posting this and for future news.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

damn ....

I hope he pulls thru.

My best wishes go out to him.

hawk

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Alan, please give Amazing my regards. And ask him if he minds your posting the hospital/addy so I could send him a card. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit