Surprise Elder visit today!

by kairos 53 Replies latest members private

• kairos
    kairos

The last time an Elder dropped by from my old hall was about a year ago.
    Maybe prior to the Memorial.

They came to visit and were very surprised I didn't receive and welcome them with open arms.
    When I asked them, through the barely opened door, why it had been nearly a year since we previously spoke, they sort of pretended like they didn't hear me and said their goodbyes.

Another elder, WT conductor, was "super encouraging" about two years ago.
    He mustered up the courage to text me: "miss you bro". ( I deleted that without an answer)
    I guess "LOL" would have been an appropriate reply. Next time...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't get nasty with them.

Just tell them you are "waiting on Jehovah" to correct some things.

Doc

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Dear Elders: I'm waiting on Jehovah to tell me why a God of love created insects who's whole life cycle is to burrow into the eyes of children and make them blind.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Don't you love how most dubs make a big fuss about telling faders how much they are missed, especially if they have an audience? I'm glad you made those bros uncomfortable by asking why it took them a year to come by.

When we were still active, my hubby had been sick and missed quite a few meetings. A pompous elder waited till there were several others talking to hubby and then made a huge deal saying, "I have MISSED YOU SOOOOOO MUCH". Hubby turned to the others and said with a grin, "That's funny you have my phone number and e-mail and I never heard a peep from you." Everyone around started laughing! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit