Surprise Elder visit today!

by kairos 53 Replies latest members private

• kairos
    kairos

Without notice, an elder from another local hall popped in to visit.

We chit chatted about some of my hobbies for a bit then the questions started coming.

I simply stated that I will never be coming back.

I was very confident. Mentioned a few things.

Told him about the UN scandal. He said he didn't know about it.

I suggested searching "JW NGO UN" on Google. He said he would do that.

I told him we could talk, but he would have to assure me that our conversations would remain confidential.

I told him if he came back, I would not let the UN thing go. he said he would come back.

____

Maybe I've made a mistake, I don't know.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It depends on what you have to lose. If he comes back with another person, then they can be used as a witness, so care is needed.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

A good question at the beginning of a conversation would be: "Are you truly a man of your word?"

And then let him prove the UN NGO wrong.

• kairos
    kairos

I asked him to prove it was "the truth" and I would come back.

Crickets...

• kairos
    kairos

I won't speak in front of more than one elder.

• kairos
    kairos

I doubt he will come back, to be perfectly honest.

-----

As far as what I have to lose? Not much.

Just a few of my wife's family.

They don't have much to say to me anyway.

Starting to not care anymore.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Nothing will remain confidential...nothing.

Take Care

AB

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes, take care kairos...

if a second person comes with him next time...(even if it is his wife or child), be aware that your conversations are being "witnessed"

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would be very surprised if he does come back , but then again it depends on what connections you have with family etc.

If he does come back he may say he couldnt find anything about it to substantiate it . ( trying to fob you off )

Be prepaired

, photocopy the UN acknowedgement that the Watchtower was an NGO for this period of time.

photocopy the signature of the governing body member who joined the NGO

Photocopy the UK article by the journalist that first exposed this scandal of Jehovahs Witness involvement with the UN .

All of these are available if you use the search option at the top of the page

If confronted with all these proofs he still denies it , he`s not worth wasting time with . Move on .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sadly smiddy and kairos, the fact is that most witnesses that hear about the UN affiliation will simply fob it off and say. "ahh, but we have since withdrawn our membership, so it is all ok now!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit