Surprise Elder visit today!

by kairos 53 Replies latest members private

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

How about telling him this during the next visit: 'I would only 'consider' returning if and when the Organization directs it's followers to discontinue all shunning of ANYONE. Please inform me if that occurs.' You will not be hearing from that elder again.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Last time I spoke freely and asked questions about child sex abuse cover ups, 1914, blood, failed prophesies, former teachings that black people would be made white, former vaccine and organ transplants teachings, etc. I was told they would research and come bqck. That was in June. They never came back. Now they act like I never even asked questions. I have only gone to the hall a handful of times since then, no one avoids me, and I still get invites to some gatherings. When I run into people in public they say hi and start convos. I think because I am not baptized and my husband is such an exemplary dub that they have chosen to just accept it. I know our situations are different, but maybe they will just back off when they realize you are right.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sadly smiddy and kairos, the fact is that most witnesses that hear about the UN affiliation will simply fob it off and say. "ahh, but we have since withdrawn our membership, so it is all ok now!"

So it took the reigning King Christ Jesus since 1914 , ten years to get through to the Governing Body ,{ that the United Nations who they called" the counterfeit kingdom of God , the disgusting thing that causes desolation ,standing in the holy place it had no right to"} that they were being hypocrites ? Advocating the role volunteers played in promoting U.N.programs .

Could you imagine jehovahs witnesses praising the Roman Catholic Churches volunteers in humanitarian projects ?

Was Jesus Christ asleep for those ten years ? How was it that a Governing Body member signed the agreement with the UN in the first place ?

And the only reason they did resign their membership is because a United Kingdom journalist exposed their hypocricy leading to an avalanche of letters to the society and the United Nations asking for confirmation .

smiddy

• mana11
    mana11

If you are a babtised member he WILL be back. He must keep the congregation clean from people with such ideas.

Alwasy they firstly go alone if they want to probe your innermost feelings.

once that is done a return with another person spells you are on record.

If you choose to let them in at this time then you playing with the fire.

decide how much fire you want well in advance because there is only one way this will go.

good luck!

• DJS
    DJS

Kairos,

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but, as many have stated before me, telling the elders or anyone else in the Borg about your doubts or thoughts is almost always a bad idea. Is it possible that a kind, thoughtful elder might understand your doubts? Possibly but doubtful, especially once he tells the other elders about your doubts and words. And he will. Is it possible that your doubts might influence said elder? Even more unlikely.

The outcome from telling an elder about your doubts is almost always bad for the publisher/doubter. Depending on the level of love and sophistication of the BOE (as if), you will be targeted at worst and marked at best. Your close friends will likely be queried by them about you, in order to see how much your 'satanic' influence is impacting the congregation.

I would suggest keeping away from the elders completely and never engaging them again with any data about the Borg or any doubts about the Dark Lords. Walk away. Quietly and Quickly. That is the best strategy. If you cannot accomplish that, learn to internalize the BS, find joy in some aspect of the Borg (such as your friends), and keep quiet about doubts. And make your rational plan for escape.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Everything DJS said!

In my last cong, I had an Elder and his wife pop in for a coffee. She said somethibng about "new scrolls", so I got her to read aloud Rev. 20:1-12. She saw immediatedly the fairytale and asked why we believed in them.

The Elder never uttered a single word! From then on I was followed in the KH by Elders who tried to eavesdrop my conversations - no matter who I was conversing with.

Unless your Elder is a decent & honest Christian first and foremost, expect some repercussions.

If two of the hounds turn up at your door at the same time, neither confirm nor deny anything you said, simply say that "sometimes people can misunderstand things, but I don't wish to discuss any personal coversations with other parties, thank you."

They don't have TWO witnesses to your comments, so don't accomodate them!

• DJS
    DJS

Kairos,

We understand that you have learned a lot of things about the Borg which clearly shows it never was the 'truth.' Your anger and emotions are likely running high; we've all been there. But sharing anything you learn about the Borg or the Dark Lords is almost certainly going to hurt you and yours, and the harm the Dark Lords and their minions (elders) can do to you and yours is immense.

The BOE is trained on a constant basis to be aware of people like you (and that is not a PBS plug). An individal elder will almost certainly go into serious protection mode to keep Jah's congregation clean and to mitigate the spread of what they have been taught is a cancer. You will be branded as an Apostate, and there isn't anything worse in Borgland. Some elders are LOOKING for people like you (The George Zimmermans), thinking it their duty to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse the congregation.

Good luck.

• Island Man
    Island Man

You know what amazes me? JWs talk about disfellowshipping being a means of cleansing the congregation but this makes no sense whatsoever in the context of the elders carrying out a witch hunt on a faded doubter/apostate. If a JW no longer attends any meetings he is practically no longer a member of any congregation, so how can his actions tarnish the congregation in any way? Meanwhile, a non-JW can be a fornicator and a regular attendee at congregation meetings - even being permitted to comment! But his presence and participation at the meetings isn't seen as dirtying the congregation in any way! What's up with that?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Logic Islandman, and JW thought and practice simply do not go together.

I have taken recently to challenging Elders that I meet to come to my home and prove that they NOW have the truth. I left several years ago, so would be called an Apostate or something if I stuck to the "truth" as I knew it.

I need it proving to me that they are teaching truth now, or why should I join ? (note, not re-join).

So far, there has been no knock on the door. One promised me just a week or so ago that he would call on me, I will not hold my breath whilst waiting.

• kairos
    kairos

This elder is not even from my old hall ( which I have not attended in nearly 2 years ).

I told him he is welcome to return, but:

He had to assure me our conversations would remain confidential.

I told him I would not let the UN scandal go and would "bust him" on it next time.

---

Also, this is the guy that told me at the meeting where the new bible was released, that he would be visiting me "soon".

Yesterday was first contact since. So how long ago was that?

---

Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming.

---

P.S.~

I almost forgot.

I told him that I thought the org was made up of mostly "assholes", right to his face.

Oooops...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit