New Star Wars movie trailer

by poopsiecakes 61 Replies latest social entertainment

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The first trailer has been released! True confession - I'm kind of a geek, always loved Star Wars and it gave me a bit of a lady boner.

Anyone who knows the franchise is probably familiar with the character Wedge Antilles. The actor who plays him kinda pissed me off when he apparently was approached for a part in the new movie and he turned it down because "it would just bore me". Really? When did you become George Clooney, bud? And when did the appreciation and respect for the only thing that gave you a measure of fame become something to trash? *rant over*

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there as a topic for all the other geeks on the forum.

• DJS
    DJS

Poopsiecakes,

I've heard the trailer rocks. I'm a huge StarWars fan (and Star Trek), but the second trilogy sucked the big one. Three times. Is the character you mention from the first trilogy or the second? And puleeeaase posters, how the hell can you avoid posting on an OP where a girl writes that a scifi movie gives her a boner??? I'm in love. The rest of the geeks must be like the nerds on Big Bang Theory - they're afraid of girls!

Seriously, when is the movie supposed to come out? Are all of the characters new? Played by new actors? Will it be a triology? Inquiring minds need to know.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm a big star wars fan, too. Hope this will be better that episodes 1, 2 & 3.

when is the movie supposed to come out? - december 2015 according to some British newspapers.

Will it be a triology? - from what I remember, yes.

There are some new characters but older versions of Luke, Leia and Han will feature, played by the original actors.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Dear brothers, we are now sooo close to the promised new star wars movie. Jj abrams has promised us our hopes will be be fulfilled. Some star wars fans have tired and given up after being disappointed in the 3 prequels. But we never said in our publications that they would be good! may the force continue to be with you!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im a huge star wars fan, so factor that in as i say the following:

That trailer sucked. The tittle of the movie alone shows that JJ has lost the thread of the franchise. Its going to blow. Epically. The sith are back...? That just invalidated the first six movies, the whole premise of which preported to bring balance to the force by the distruction of the sith. Also, how exactly does the force awaken? When was it asleep? During the first six movies? Further, the one scene that should have given us all boners, the lightsaber reveal, made me want to curse. Jedi are modeled after samurai and thus their weapons, lightsabers, are modeled after katanas. That lightsaber reveal showed a weapon modeled after a traditional european broad sword with a lazer hilt guard.... Sigh trying to much and over thinking it. JJ YOU IDIOT!!! You lost the original thread!!!!! Its a %%##%^*% samurai movie set in the future!!!!

My only solace is that both jabba lucas and jj binks will get offed at the Big A

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I thought the trailer was fantastic. I think the new director will infuse some life into what became a moribund series over the past three movies.

Side Story:

I remember being a kid in the early 80s -- after Empire Strikes Back but before Jedi -- worrying terribly that ARMAGEDDON would come before Jedi was released!

And here I am, almost thirty years later awaiting the SEVENTH Star Wars movie. . . .

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

BoC, I had the same worries!

I will say one thing about SW: After the incredible fun that Guardians of the Galaxy had with space opera, Abrams and Co. have a LOT of work to do, if they want to be as good as or better than that.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I'm psyched!

I'm kind of a geek, always loved Star Wars and it gave me a bit of a lady boner.

I have to admit when I heard they were doing another trilogy I had a little nerdgasm.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

How typial. Slavish devotees slurping every ounce of drool that falls from jabba lucas jowls. Be grown ups and admit the franchise has sucked ever since the empire was defeated by ewoks.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good point, Morpheus - the ewoks defeating imperial stormtroopers using primitive weapons ruined ROTJ for me.

I also think that in places, the scripts from all 6 movies sucked but for me the good points vastly outweigh the bad points in the franchise.

I thought the new trailer seemed pretty good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit