Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

They released Wilson's testimony and witness testimony and are reading some of it on air.

From Wilson's testimony, after being punched in the face, and struggling with Brown from inside his cruiser, he finally pulled his gun and said "Stop it or I'll shoot", to which Brown replied "You're too much of a f---ing p----y to shoot me."

Witness #10 saw what happened outside the cruiser and said after at first running away, Brown turned around and full out charged Wilson starting about 10 yards away. Wilson fired several shots and stopped. Brown stopped for a second, then full out charged again. Then Wilson fired the second volley of shots which put him down. The witness testified Brown never had his hands in the air.

Good write up. The rioters, looters & sympathizers no doubt will not except the truth about Michael Brown.

• Simon
    Simon

Why is Justice wearing a blindfold? Because she doesn't want to know the truth. That is what the people know - the justice system is corrupt. Whether this latest grand jury opinion is fair and just, matters not. The die is set.

This is the sort of statement that feeds the violence by undermining trust in the system and promoting the idea of injustice. The only real injustice that has happened is that officer wilson had to put up with being attacked and then threatened and his career ruined. Innocent business owners will also have their livelihoods destroyed by a bunch of morons.

But justice has not had a blindfold on - she has seen things clearly and made the right decision despite an angry mob threatening violence outsite if it didn't get its way. That is actually something to be proud of.

Of course it matters if the grand jury opinion is fair or not - it was fair and shows up who really is on the side of justice and who isn't.

Trying to claim that it's some evidence of a failed system is a strange argument to make. But we know you have a dislike for the police from your previous comments Talesin. You could try simply obeying the law, police never seem to bother you when you do that - I think there may actually be a connection.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Having been on a federal grand jury myself, I know the threshold for indicmtent is pretty low - all that is needed is probable cause. We indicted 100% of the cases we saw - you really couldnt do otherwise.

I have to think there was really just nothing at all there for them not to indict.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The question remains was the final folly of shots directed toward Brown even after the altercation at the police car justified ?

It certainly would seem so if Brown had a weapon in hand and was making forwarding advances at officer Wilson

but he and his accomplice were technically unarmed.

• designs
    designs

A Black Man Is Killed every 28 hours by Law Enforcement Officers in America.

Article in www.alternet.org by Adam Hudson, March 28, 2013.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

From that video of Brown man handling the store clerk when they were stealing from the store tells the tale of Brown's brutish attitude and behavior that day.

He carried on with that attitude over to a police officer, literally punching the officer in the face and struggling with the officer who saw it necessary to draw out his gun.

Not a bright thing to do I would say.

• Razziel
  • designs
    designs

Amadou Diallo was shot at 42 times by Law Enforcement. At the trial Officers said the immigrant failed to heed orders as he stood outside his apartment and 'lurked in the darkness'.

How can the USA get all deaths by gun violence reduced to the level of countries like Australia or Japan or the Netherlands at .02%.

Why even those wild and crazy Canadians to our north have gun violence stats 80% less than their across the border neighbors.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I think if a person gives a cop a bad time, then reaches into his car to punch him or take his gun, he is going to be shot most places on the planet regardless of race.

• Simon
    Simon

"A black man is killed every ..." yada yada yada.

Are they other cases like this one? If this was such a worthy case and yet it turns out it wasn't the case of racial oppression it was made out to be but a case of CRIMINAL and VIOLENT BEHAVIOR by the black guy wouldn't it be fairer to lay the blame with criminality and stupidity instead?

I'm getting tired of this racist crap. Are the police supposed to simply *not* tackle criminals if they are the 'right' color? Well, they would then get more criticism because most of the victims of these criminals are other blacks.

As I said before, counting stats proves nothing and may even prove what you don't want to accept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit