Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's sad that there's looting and arson happening in Ferguson, but totally predictable.

From what I gather the cop acted in fear for his life, and to prevent MB from being a danger to the public.

Similar rioting happened here in England with the shooting of Mark Duggan. It's a shame that young black men get shot but that's what can happen when you have zero respect for law and order.

'America is awash in violence' - as are some British cities. What I want to know is, why doesn't the black community protest about the many black-on-black killings and violence?

Black communities really need to pull their socks up, IMO.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If the decision of the Grand Jury is the law it should be respected. It has been reported over the last few months that there are people who watch these sort of events and travel across state lines to engage in looting when the opportunity presents itself. Its not all local outrage. So sad really. So many seem to act against their own interests. Officer Wilson's tesitimony is available on CNN and worth a read.

• Terry
    Terry

If Michael Brown's supporters in any way reflect the attitude and conduct of the person they claim

to support--perhaps the police should pack it in and leave the town of Ferguson to vigilante mindset and

see how much better everyone will feel.

I have a difficult time connecting a sense of "injustice" with rioting, looting, and anarchy.

Somebody clue me in, please.

"I'm so angry I'm going to break things and steal something." Really?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

There is no doubt that Wilson was justified in shooting Brown. Wilson's job is to protect and serve. He did that. Prior to this situation, Wilson had never fired his gun on the job before. Browns parents have gone national claiming their son is a victim of the system. The system caused his death. The parents have yet to acknowledge that they are part of the problem with the system when they have yet to accept that their son was to blame for his actions. According to the reports released, all of the forensic data supported eye witness testimony given by at least 7 African American members of the community who remain unidentified. Fear of reprisal in their own community - that's part of the problem with the 'system'. Fear of their own neighborhoods if they tell the truth - that's part of the problem. That isn't only a police problem - it's an attitude inside the community. Lately a young black girl was beat up for acting too 'white'. That's an attitude problem. 200 youths storming a mall, robbing and assaulting and destroying the place while the cops have to stand back - that's a problem. 100 youths rioting a store and stomping on the head of a young man while the cops can't do much - that's a problem. A band of 25 youths, as young as 12, roving through parks and putting a young man in a coma after stomping on him - that's a problem.

This is not 40 years ago. The peacnik revolution of old is no longer relevant. This is a new time, new attitudes about personal and social responsibility and obligation is evident, new technology is used and different resources needed. At least one black professor on the msm declared that only black cops should police black communities - this infers a return to voluntary segregation that clearly is shaping and redefining the thoughts of today vs ideas of the past.

------

Ferguson Witnesss Told Investigators That Michael Brown Charged Cop "Like a Football Player. Head Down"

Included in the grand jury material released tonight after the announcement that no charges would be filed in the Michael Brown killing is a handwritten witness account stating that the teenager charged at Officer Darren Wilson “like a football player. Head down.”

The unidentified witness wrote that the 18-year-old Brown “has his arms out with attitude,” while “The cop just stood there.” The witness added, “Dang if that kid didn’t start running right at the cop like a football player. Head down.”

The witness told of hearing “3 bangs,” but “the big kid wouldn’t stop.”

The witness’s account of the unarmed Brown charging Wilson--even after he had been shot in the hand during a struggle at the cop’s patrol car--supports the officer’s contention that he fired a series of shots as Brown bore down on him.

During his September 16 grand jury testimony, Wilson, 28, recounted how he tussled with Brown when the teenager grabbed for his gun while lunging into the squad car. As they fought over the weapon, Wilson testified, the teenager taunted him, yelling, “You’re too much of a pussy to shoot me.”

Wilson told the grand jury that he felt Brown’s “fingers try to get inside the trigger guard with my finger.” He added, “I distinctly remember envisioning a bullet going into my leg. I thought that was the next step.”

Testifying that he thought Brown (seen at left) would “kill me if he gets ahold of this gun,” Wilson said that he discharged the weapon inside the cruiser. The gunshot, he added, “kind of startled him and me at the same time.” The teenager then “looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face,” Wilson recalled. “The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked.” Brown, Wilson testified, then raised his arms and punched him in the face.

Wilson also gave grand jurors another vivid description of Brown. Recalling when he first placed his hand on the teenager’s arm--when the 6’ 4”, 292-pound Brown was alongside his patrol car--Wilson testified that, “I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan.” The cop added, “Hulk Hogan, that’s just how big he felt and how small I felt just from grasping his arm.”

Wilson is pictured above in a police evidence photo taken at a hospital hours after the August 9 shooting.

• designs
    designs

That surprises me Terry. Societal masochism is a thread in our human evolution. Hunger strikes, seppuku, it takes many forms. You and I went through a form of it with our Draft cases.

Cesar Chavez was able to bring about change for the Farm Workers through Hunger Strikes, Marches, Sit-ins. Selma Alabama 1965, ask John Lewis about the power of the Protest Marches. All of those things some people here are trying to dismiss, but our history records their success. Some of us here were living during those Times.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Reading through the facts now.

I can understand why he wasn't indicted. The eye witness testimony is all over the map. The jury needed to weigh facts and there is very little in this case.

Wilson's account of the case doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again, it is his word against that of a dead man. Witnesses saying he was surrendering and others say that he was charging.

Given the testimony is all over the map, the facts that make the most sense is that Michael Brown was mouthing off to the cop and struck him. I don't think he went for the officer's gun. If you are inclined to shoot someone, you likely would have your own gun with you. The shot fired in the car is confusing. I can't find it anywhere, but if Michael had his hand on the holster, wouldn't there be prints?

After the shot is fired both took off running, that is a constant. With more shots fired, what doesn't make sense to me is that if you are running away with bullets behind you, what makes you turn around and attack? Charing someone firing shots at you is about the worst possible decision a person could make.

I don't think Wilson intended to go out and kill him so a murder charge is out of the question, I do think he was mad at being disrespected and used excessive force on firing on someone that hadn't shown any weapon. Still processing testimony, but when Brown turned around, did Wilson shout any commands for him to stop and give himself up?

Looking for more details here if people wouldn't mind filling me in, but I think it was excessive force, but don't believe racism was a motivation for it.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

also like to add that it is exceedingly difficult to find media reports giving all the facts rather than selective edits. Does anyone have a link to the trial manuscript?

• designs
    designs

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore" Norman Beale in the movie Network.

News that people are fed today- Fox News last night had 5 white adults discussing Race In America.....

• Mary
    Mary

Up until last night, I had no idea that Officer had been physically attacked by Michael Brown. While I was surprised that the Grand Jury decided not to indict, what I found so ironic is that, prior to this, the protestors were pissed off that the National Guard were called in, in anticipation of the aftermath, because "it made us look like we're violent". So what happens? This morning, Ferguson is in flames, stores are being burned to the ground, and looting all over the place.

While I feel terrible for Michael Brown's family for their loss, this entire mess could have been avoided had Michael Brown just moved off the road as requested by law enforcement.

• designs
    designs

There will be hundreds of thousands of peaceful protesters turning out across the Nation and several hundred who will cause arson damage. There are hundreds of Anarchist groups in the US always waiting for opportunites, they co-mingle into peaceful protest groups. I saw this in the Peace Marches I have been involved in since exiting the Org..

29 arrests were made last night in Ferguson. If you break the Law you should and will be arrested. If you march in peaceful protest you have a Constitutional Right to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit