Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Would the officer have the right to shoot him before the little bomb was thrown at him??

I clearly stated fists raised but unarmed Mim.

quit trying to twist up things in the analogy.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'Lets say the criminal wanted to throw the molotov cocktail at the officer. Would the officer have the right to shoot him before the little bomb was thrown at him??' - if the cop (of any colour) thought himself or the public were in danger, issued intructions and the thug (of any colour) ignored those instructions then yes, absolutely, every time.

Job well done and go to the pub or bar for a stiff drink.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Still more race baiting, pandering, and playing into the sense of entitlement & disrepect for the law by lawbreakers. Need more talk about acting like solid citizens, not committing crimes, and especially not attacking police officers.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Part of gun ownership is the responsibility to have control of it at all times. I don't know about Police Officer training, but civilian training teaches you never ever brandish a firearm unless you are fully prepared to use it. Once you show it, you are now in danger of having it used against you or a bystander if the bad guy gets it away from you in a physical confrontation.

To put it another way, once a gun is drawn, you no longer have the luxury of getting into a fist fight.

• minimus
    minimus

I would like to see the Feds go into Compton and tell them how to run their police business. In LA, you don't mess with the cops. The truth is, don't get into criminal activity and chances are good you will not be dealing with the police. I do not believe that the police are always right but I do believe that they are the law and should be respected. If people ignore the laws of the land, the result will be anarchy!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

??? How was Brown going to lethally attack Wilson making him an statistic when he had nothing on his person to do such a thing.

How? With his bare hands, body mass and leverage. That's how.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The debate isn't about civility its about the proportionate actions taken toward an individual who was being uncivil.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Brown family will get nothing in a civil lawsuit.

They would if I was picked for the jury.

Doc

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'I'm watching the news conference with al sharpTon' - people like him and Jesse Jackson seem to act like it's the 60s or 70s. They never seem to mention personal resposibility - it's always someone else's fault, the white power structure, rednecks, trigger-happy, racist cops (although I've read about black cops being just as trigger-happy), blah blah blah.

People like Al Sharpton are letting the 'black community' down - they've spent decades piggy-backing on ill-treatment of blacks plus blacks' bad behaviour.

Contrast that with Joe Frazier's advice for his son, Marvis: 'son, if a cop stops you don't fool around with your buddies. Obey the cop - put your hands in the air if he says so, get out the car if he says so. Don't try to put your hands in your pockets.' I paraphrase but you get the gist.

Why can't black thugs (and white thugs, too) be more like Joe Frazier? His no-nonsense, common sense atitude should be lauded.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

This whole case is about African blacks trying to intimidate law enforcement officers to prevent them from enforcing the law. Isn’t that what they pay taxes for? I am assuming they pay taxes.

The thieving thug was shot resisting arrest. What do his law-abiding ‘brothers’ do - burn the town down - time to call in the army.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit