Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Author Dafoe's- Robinson Crusoe also delves into the issues of human nature, equality, dignity. James Joyce summed up Robinson Crusoe as ' He is the true prototype of the British colonist. The whole Anglo-Saxon spirit is in Crusoe- the manly independence, the unconscious cruelty, the persistence, the slow yet efficient intelligence, the sexual apathy, the calculating taciturnity". Friday was never looked at by Crusoe as an equal. If Crusoe can just get the 'Savage' to behave as he wishes all will have progressed nicely.

So what's the subtext of the comments you read over and over about Black Aggression in America __________ .

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

designs - you've basically repeated your point about 500 years of history, a point I accepted in my previous post. I feel that you've chosen to ingore the points and questions in this post.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Also, I realise that this will probably go down like a lead ballon but when African-Americans speak of the terrible injustices of slavery (correctly) why is the role of African royalty and chieftans rarely mentioned, if at all?

If all races are equal then surely the selling of black slaves by black chiefs is just as bad as the buying of black slaves by white colonialists, no?

• designs
    designs

I wasn't ignoring your questions. How far back, from an anthropologist's point of view or an historian's point of view our evolution is a continuous thread.

Our Constitution was based on the Roman model of Democracy, how far back does that take us, 2000 years.

Should you resent the Danes, the question is are the Danes still an oppressor or have both social groups evolved. Britain was the aggressor and oppressors to India for 200 years during the 'Raj'. Its taken 70 years to steadily makes things right.

Here is a vivid scene I see in my extended family that has Southern roots. My cousin, US Senator Mitch McConnell, made the declaration 'We must make sure that Obama is a one term President'. President Jimmy Carter knew exactly what this meant-_______________x

• designs
    designs

Chattel slavery, debt slavery, slavery as trade goes far back in all of our ancestors lineage. It is a scar on us all. Slavery still exists on a huge scale.

The joke on the Bible is- God had two great choices to make, end slavery or prohibit ham, he chose Ham.

• designs
    designs

Love- What would the British view be of a British born person of Pakistan or Indian heritage running for the office of Prime Minister.

• KateWild
    KateWild

If police in the US didn't carry guns this wouldnt have happened. Regardless MB tried to shoot the cop, and the cop had to defend himself.

Sad outcome really.

Kate xx

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

designs - you make a good point in your last post. I accept that a British Indian/Pakistani wouldn't be voted in as British PM, in the same way as a person of European descent wouldn't be elected leader of Pakistan/India. Whether this is 'racist' or merely reflects the democratic will of the voting public is up for debate.

You've answered my 'Danes' question but failed to consider my other points and questions I raised in my posts 397 & 399.

For instance, should Joe Frazier be held up as an example for disadvantaged American people?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'Slavery still exists on a huge scale' - in Africa and Saudi Arabia, certainly. The trans-saharan slave trade existed before Whitey ever clapped eyes on Africa and ended officially in 1962. But in the West?

• designs
    designs

Joe Frazier as a example for disadvantaged youth. It is a good question and difficult to answer. No question he was fearless in the Ring. He ran a Boxing gym for many years in Philadelphia. Its a brutal sport and he showed all of the signs of dementia which says- No a young person should not go into boxing for their livelyhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit