Michael Brown verdict discussion policy

by Simon 254 Replies latest forum announcements

• talesin
    talesin

As things relate to this case, though, I can see people on both sides getting quite riled up. I'ma gonna just grab a bag of chips (can't eat popcorn like Poopsie ;), and read the discussion. I hope things remain civilized.

xx

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Simon, you didn't grow up here, and know little about the change in the culture. It's as simple as that, and living a middle-class life in western Canada since you happily arrived, well. I take your opinion FWIW. :)

tal

• designs
    designs

Gov. Nixon has declared a State of Emergency ahead of the Grand Jury verdict.

Pope Francis shames the US political Far Right for their No-Amnesty position.

Fundamentalist US Senator Inhofe denies Industrial Pollution is changing the environment and declares- 'only God can change the climate'.

America Nov.17, 2014.....

• Simon
    Simon

Talesin: that's why I don't think personal anecdotal evidence is very compelling in these situations. Maybe one of us has a less than typical life experience where the police are concerned. I've never had any problems with the police which I put down to being law abiding ... maybe other people's experiences are different.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The judiciary is to decide the facts on one (1) specific case. Unfortunately, our society tends to want to place all of its discord onto the parties in the court case. The parties in the case become pawns for society's ills. It's fine if a case becomes a spring board for discussion of issues, and the community at large can change the situation through communication. But, putting societal discord onto the parties in the case is not the answer. It's just a scapegoat used by the governing powers, to divert attention, mask the solution, and perpetuate the problem so they may remain in a position of power over a constant state of turmoil.

It's like living in a Banana Republic. The police need the burglers to steal from the rich, so the police can make a report and then ask for extra bonus from the rich man to solve the case.

Think about it. The government wants a manageable riot. They really don't want the classes or races to live peacefully. Otherwise, there would be truly educational tv shows showing core values, instead of Housewives. . . . this would be ongoing, instead of an outburst here & there after a shooting.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Gov. Nixon has declared a State of Emergency ahead of the Grand Jury verdict.

Pope Francis shames the US political Far Right for their No-Amnesty position.

Fundamentalist US Senator Inhofe denies Industrial Pollution is changing the environment and declares- 'only God can change the climate'.

And Designs has left unanswered questions all over the place in this discussion.

The JWN world of November 17, 2014.....

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Skeeter, I started to comment as you do earlier today. Citizens should get out and vote for representation of their liking. Instead so many Americans have become lethargic when it comes to issues that need a political solution. As things stand we end up vilifying participants in a microcosm of a much larger society rather then fixing the problem. Citizens could get in front of these issues if they wanted to by a little ole thing known as VOTING. But they don’t, which is a big issue all by itself!

Right now I’m readying myself for the next barrage of self-serving political activists preachermen to hit the stage passing the plate one more time.

PT Barnum was right!

• designs
    designs

Sometimes its just important to bring the Sahlesque observation into view.....

• Simon
    Simon

So the national guard are being called out / put on alert.

We can but hope that in 20 years time we'll be watching a look back show about how the world expected trouble to explode but was surprised that it was peaceful protests and a catalyst for change.

We can but hope.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Instead so many Americans have become lethargic when it comes to issues that need a political solution.

I guess you are suggesting that African Americans should have voted politicians into office that would have helped them with their issues.

Could I ask -- WTF is Obama in all of this Michael Brown fiasco? Or, Colin Powell? Or, Condi Rice?

All AWOL. No, the best they could get who would pretend to give a damn was Al Sharpton.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit