Michael Brown verdict discussion policy

by Simon 254 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Some make a lot of noise but when you strip everything away they accomplish nothing and deliver on none of their promises. They use the anger present to serve their own ends without improving the lot of those they claim to represent.

Of course they don't want an informed and discerning electorate - they rely on blind support without giving anything in return.

Not the best deal for the communities involved.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So the national guard are being called out / put on alert.

-------

There are a lot of professional agitators out there - -

• designs
    designs

DOC, the President has publicly addressed Michael Brown's death, both offering condolences to the family and calling for the public's restraint as the case works its way through the Justice System. The President has also strongly supported the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department and the My Brother's Keeper program. Eric Holder also made a personal trip to speak to the Police Department personnel and the people of Ferguson. As to Mr. Powell and Ms. Rice there is nothing in the News I could find on any comments they've made, but that's may be just how the News world plays favorites of the month.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

In 1776, the American Revolution was against the law. Slavery was legal. Prohibition made selling acohol illegal. Legal does not mean good, it only means right under the law and illegal means wrong under the law. Change seldom comes about peacefully.

There are many laws that officials do not want to enforce, deporting illegal aliens is one and many other laws. A cop walks right by an offense and does nothing about it if he wants to. oW decided he wanted to enforce the law the way he wanted to. He did not have to, but he could have aprocahed the teen with Courtey, Professionalism, Respect.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

MB decided he wanted to break the law the way he wanted to. He did not have to. He could have approached the ocficer with courtesy and respect.

officer Wilson is paid to enforce the law. If he ignored the teen, as you posit as an option, and thd teen goes on to do something else guess who is blamed. The media and the public seem to put officers in a no win situation. And, again, you are assuming the officer was disrespectful, discourteous, and unprofessional before being attacked by Michael. You don't know it to be factual.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You go it your way.

It was the officer that aproached him. for walking in the middle of the street.

You are mistaken My above post is not about MB conduct. He died for it. It is about oW's.

Sureeeeeeee, oW wnet up to him and said to him, Good evening young man. You could get hurt walking in the middle of the street. Then MB got furious and attcked the officer because MB had just robbed a store. Sureeeeee

The same report that says MB was walking in the middle of the street, also says how ow approached him.

The only indisputable fact is that ow killed an unarmed teen shooting him 6 or more times.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Change seldom comes about peacefully.

---------------

And sometimes it does.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

He did not have to, but he could have aprocahed the teen with C ourtey, P rofessionalism, R espect.

--------

How was the officer approached by the suspected criminal? Was he compliant? Did he speak with respect? Did he approach to talk with the officer in a calm, helpful manner?

The report from just a few minutes earlier via the police dispatch transcription, indicates the officer was attending a call about a baby who could not breathe. Prior to that he was responding to a call in the same area about a threat on a womans life.

The report and video a few minutes earlier via the media and police, indicate the suspect was assaulting an employee at a local store as he robbed him.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It was the officer that aproached him. for walking in the middle of the street.

--------

The officer who was in his police vehicle and driving on the road (I think it goes something like - road=cars; sidewalks = people; except in cases when there is no sidewalk then you walk on the side of the road to avoid accidents) did not approach Brown in any report that was aggressive. The report was that he told the men to get off the middle of the road and continued driving past them.

Walking down the middle of a street poses a danger to drivers.

The report indicated that the officer drove past them - end of that interaction. The officer clearly had no interest in the two men who continued to walk down the middle of the street at that time - and the two suspects had no interest and felt no threat from the officer who had just warned them to get off the middle of the street. The suspects appeared to have no fear of the officer as they did not heed his warning and continued their walk.

A call came in detailing the clothing of the robbery suspect and it was then the officer realized that the description of the suspects appeared to match the dispatch.

The officer backs up his car to identify the suspects for sure and promptly calls for back up. He tries to open his door and it is slammed shut. The altercation/struggle in the car begins.

The first verbal altercation has nothing to do with the second altercation, except as to understand why the officer recognized the two men so quickly after the repot and drove back to them to confirm their identity as the robbery suspects.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I have the unique opportunity to explain what goes through your mind during an assault. For the record, I carry a 32 caliber Beretta. Several weeks ago a construction crew of four building my new house was attacked by a deranged man walking down the street. I witnessed this from my office trailer on a hill about 1000 ft. away. I ran out of the trailer & yelled at the to leave my property & that I was calling 911. The man turned immediately & came after me. The man was a white male, 220 pounds, 6' 2" & about 30 yrs. old. I'm 63 & in the middle of a field. There's no way I'm going to outrun this guy. He had no weapon in his hand & I figured I could take a beating instead of killing this guy. I dodged the first punch but caught the second one which opened a 1/2" wound at my mouth. He grabbed me by the head & threw me to the ground. As I now was expecting him to break my neck, I rolled on my back to pull the Beretta out. I had every intention of emptying the clip into his chest. At the same moment, he suddenly stopped, stood up & casually walked away. About a minute late the first state trooper went by, caught & arrested this guy. Turns out, he was on drugs & has a history of assaults. He's in prison now. I never met this guy before & to this day, I have no animosity towards him. But every human being has the right of self defense. You have literally seconds to decide what level of defense is necessary. Unless you've been there before & have had to make that decision, you really can't appreciate what goes through your mind. Oh, by the way I made the 911 call just before the assault. I would have been long dead before the first state trooper arrived.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit