Gerrit Losch's "I DO NOT ANSWER TO WATCHTOWER"

by Newly Enlightened 82 Replies latest social current

• never a jw
    never a jw

I think the lawyers can invoke Gerrit's baptism as proof of his relation to the Organization.

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

Oh I forgot that he baptised when they still believed in Jesus Christ. I guess he is off the hook on a technicality.

Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him the Father through his Son Jesus Christ?

• piztjw
    piztjw

"9) Watchtower does not have, and has never had, any authority over me."

This is a blatant lie!

Or is it? It reminds me of my ex-wife who got caught in an affair. When asked if she was making love with the guy she said "NO". (It was just sex at that point) Later when asked again if she was having sex with the guy she said "NO". (It was "love" by then) She only reluctantly admitted to the affair when presented with proof in a court of law, and was asked if she had ever engaged in, was engaging in, or intended to engage in, sexual intercourse, oral sex, making love and a few other ways of phrasing my lawyer asked.

Losch is not lying. In his mind, even though he knows it to be deceitful, he answers to God not Watchtower.

This same type of reasoning can and should be used by anyone pulled into a JW court, JC. Pause, think of the question, then answer it in a way that is not provably lying, but completely denies the accusation. Good for the goose...good for the gander y'know!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Is this not a fine line that the GB is walking?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears like Losch is trying to distance the Jehovah's Witness 'religion' from the Watchtower Society in order to protect the WTS assets.

But - doesn't this run the WTS into tax problems? If the WTS is 'at arm's length'...how long does that arm have to be before those other 'legal entities' owned by the WTS no longer are protected by religious exemption?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Where would I go to find this document without going on any ex-JW site/forum etc

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Got a current JW enquiring so any help would be appreciated

• Splash
    Splash

It doesn't matter if the WT has authority over him or not.

He was asked to come and answer questions about the WT which he is clearly able to do!

Splash

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

piztjw - "In his mind, even though he knows it to be deceitful, he answers to God not Watchtower... Pause, think of the question, then answer it in a way that is not provably lying, but completely denies the accusation."

Once again, for the lurkers, trolls, and newbies...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe the WTBTS Inc. will be the fall guy/apostate that Jehoober ALLOWS to exist in the congregation? JW.ORG can rise from the dungy ashes like a Phoenix!! Then the GB can declare themselves as the righteous ones who shine as brightly as the sun!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Maybe the WTBTS Inc. will be the fall guy/apostate that Jehoober ALLOWS to exist in the congregation? JW.ORG can rise from the dungy ashes like a Phoenix!! Then the GB can declare themselves as the righteous ones who shine as brightly as the sun!!"

Damn.

As crazy-ass as that sounds, I can actually see them trying to spin it that way.

After all, it's what Rutherford did when he re-labeled the religion as "Jehovah's Witnesses"...

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ok, so let me get this strait,

this man IS a member of the governing body,

but NOT a member of the watchtower?

SO who are members of the watchtower organization?

if that is the 7 or so million, people, then why are 'non members' making rules and doctrines for persons who are 'members' of what they are not?

AND If they are not members of the watchtower, its stands to reason that none of the governing body is, if he says hes not,

then they have no right to make decisions for the 7 million members or enforce them? how can you claim to have a heavenly calling and be the mouthpeice of God over an organization that you are not part of?

do i understand that correctly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit