Gerrit Losch's "I DO NOT ANSWER TO WATCHTOWER"

by Newly Enlightened 82 Replies latest social current

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I betcha the sooner or latter you are going to have a Governing Body member singing like a canary up on the JW witness stand only a matter of time before one of these guys cuts a deal and sings to save his own hide.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

As I said on the other thread:

For Lösch's declaration statement to be true he would have had to have bypassed working in the Service Department and assigned to starting work as a Service Committee helper straight from another Department and, as GB member from 1994, he would never have served on the supervisory Service Committee until after February 2014.

Is there any documentation to indicate Lösch was serving on the Service Committee at any time between 1994 (when he became a GB member) and February 2014 (when he made his Declaration)? If he did serve on the Service Committee during that time, then he was perjuring himself when he stated, " I have never supervised ... the U.S. Service Department" because the Service Committee supervises the Service Department. It would be nice to have that evidence though, one way or another.

And regarding him not answering to Watchtower (specifically WTSNY), that may have been true since 1994 - Watchtower answers to Lösch and his fellow GB members, but before then? He was as required to kowtow to Watchtower authority as the next JW.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ann, the Service Committee supervises the Service Department

How do you know this?

Have you seen an organizational chart or something? I'm not trying to be difficult, but even after being a JW for 30+ years, I have no clear understanding or knowledge of their organizational structure.

Your statement seems reasonable enough, but is it true. Losch's response seems to be a very carefully worded--albeit deliberately deceptive--truth rather than an outright lie. It would be interesting to know which it is.

I am convinced they are deliberately vague and obtuse. The segregation of responsibilities and the layers and shell groups indicate a very thoughtful and deliberate course of action to do just what they are doing now: play the legal game of, "That was not my responsibility."

Let's review: It's a cult!

-

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Seems to me that future lawsuits must be directed both at the Watchtower [Corporation] AND at the Governing Body as well, since they clearly attempt to legally disentangle themselves, whilst 'spiritual oversight entity' over the Jehovah's Witnesses, from the Administrative, corporate entity. Therefore, who decides the doctrinally-driven policies isn't the Watchtower per se, but solely the Governing Body.

At least until some jurisprudence establishes a chain of command between the Governing Body and the Watchtower. We all know it exists, but prove it in a court of law is a whole other ball game. Remember, both entities were legally separated in 2000 under Henschel.

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Actually because Loesch was a member of the GB before 2000, and therefore, liable as a former member of the Board of Directors of the Watchtower Society, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes to 'resign' from his GB position in order to avoid being called to stand before a court.

Eden

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Lifting the Corporate Veil Legal Definition:

Disregarding the general rule a corporation is a legal entity distinct from its shareholders by regarding the company as a mere agent or puppet of a controlling shareholder or parent corporation.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

The GB uses Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesss in their letterhea not WTBTS. The lawyers would need to legally show the GB's complicity. Losch's statement may be technically true, but ask any JW and they would tell a different story 100%.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

So, if Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses = Governing Body, sue them as well.

Eden

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

Losch and his counsel think this statement clears him of having to answer for Watchtower:

"I do not have, and never have had, any authority as an individual to make or determine corporate policy for Watchtower or any department of Watchtower."

Sure. It's only the GB and its service committe of which Losch is a member that get to do these things. The days of Rutherford and his autocracy are long gone, so of course Losch has no authority over WT as an individual.

If this statement of his somehow stands in appeal then next time, better subpoena the whole service committee. Or better yet, the whole GB. What then, will they say the GB does not determine WT policy either? What authority would they not have collectively that Losch does not have as an individual? They'd have to get pretty creative to answer that.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..that poor buck is being passed around faster than a hot potato.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit