It is official they're selling off Kingdom Halls in Britain

by raymond frantz 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KateWild
    KateWild

Erm..... Remember that recent new USA wide request of a minimum monthly pledge from every member because of all the kingdom halls to be built.......and now, what two months later, the UK has an opposite request, selling them all off and squishing 4 congregations into one.-snare

Exactly I was thinking the same thing, what a bunch of liars, but we knew this anyway. I suspected this consolidation was going on, in my area on KH has been sold and now the congs in that hall have been spread across the circuit. For some publishers it is a nightmare to attened their new hall. I am in a territory that is so far away from the congs KH, that the territory never gets worked. So much for reaching everyone worldwide, they aren't even reaching everyone in cities.

Perhaps they are liquidating to generate funds for more lawsuits.

Kate xx

• carla
    carla

I find it hard to believe that some jw's are not seeing this as a money grab! No push back at all from any jw's/congs?

Is it possible this could make some new splinter groups?

• DJS
    DJS

It seems that the Borg's actions reek of desperation. I hope that isn't my wishful thinking getting in the way. I'm a bit surprised at the pace of these financial dealings, as it suggests, like many of us have been saying, that the Borg is in or nearing dire straits (not the rock group). Here are what appear to be the facts; those of you who understand this topic better than I straighten me out if I'm wrong.

1. The growth in Western and indu$trial countries is stagnant and will likely start receding. The long term projection that this will reverse itself isn't any better.

2. Growth in poor countries is a net cash loss. It will cost a lot to serve the newbies and they aren't and likely won't be self supporting for the projected future.

3. Various government restrictions have cut into cash flow, and this trend is likely to continue. Long term projections would suggest that it won't reverse itself, as governments tire of religion and need their own $ to balance budgets.

4. As you all have noted, the pedophilie cases will likely run into the hundreds of millions of dollars before they are over.

5. The Dark Lords are likely expecting an exodus post 2014 similar to the one which occurred post 1975. Those exiting are very unlikely to return, and this time they are more likely to take others along with them via attrition. The rank and file are sheeple, but assuming they have even one functioning brain cell they should start to wake up to the scam.

6. This may be the most ominous. Much of the above would seem to be addressable by a change in the Borg's teachings and a letting go of the draconian controls. That doesn't seem to be in the near or long-term future. If I'm a strategist that's one of the first things I put on the table.

7.The wonderful world wide web and all its glory in exposing dumbass cults.

• Splash
    Splash

snare&racket Erm..... Remember that recent new USA wide request of a minimum monthly pledge from every member because of all the kingdom halls to be built.......and now, what two months later, the UK has an opposite request, selling them all off and squishing 4 congregations into one.

Yes, the BOE 2014 March 29th specifically said:

"The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall projects and 35 Assembly Hall projects are needed worldwide. Much of this need is in parts of the world where the cost of property and building materials is high."

The parts of the world where the cost of property and building materials is high is the western world, ie USA and UK.
    If this is where 'much of the need is', it makes no sense (other than financial) to reduce the number of kingdom halls.

These guys really know how to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

DJS the Borg is in or nearing dire straits (not the rock group)

Well they are getting money for nothing!

Ba-doom. Tshhh!

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I just wonder if they are seeing issues with the charities commission in the UK and trying to get the money out before it starts getting taxed.

Hard assets, like real estate, can be sanctioned or seized by a government. In the Conti case, as I remember, the Ca. court required WT to put up the Patterson complex as a surety 'bond'.

I believe the pedophile issue will become huge, and WT knows this. Shrinking numbers aside (publishers), I'm sure a WT strategy must be to liquidate hard assets, convert them into cash, then move the cash offshore, thereby shielding it from potential lawsuits. Tax issues may also be a factor. Imagine the fallout if governments, like in the UK, suddenly decided that WT isn't really a charity (why they haven't figured this out before now is beyond me) and began taxing them.

For an organization that is allegedly growing and progressing as never before in history ("The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall projects and 35 Assembly Hall projects are needed worldwide"), it certainly appears to moving solidly in the opposite direction.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I'm sure a WT strategy must be to liquidate hard assets, convert them into cash, then move the cash offshore, thereby shielding it from potential lawsuits.-ADCMS

That is a really good point. I just thoguht they would pay up when instructed. You're probably right, they may very well try to hide liquid funds. What a bunch of greedy so an so's. Kate xx

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Okay...I will stick my neck out here and risk being labelled a 'conspiracy theorist'. Lol!

This is my theory as to why the Watchtower Society needs so much money now.

The field of biotechnology is a high risk venture. With all the circumstantial evidence out there that the Society is heavily invested in blood management, it stands to reason that something more than child abuse cases is driving the demand for more money. The field of biotechnology is hugely financially demanding.

The Society has already revealed its investments in bloodless medicine by its shameless promotion of the bloodless industry for years now - and all that costs big bucks. Almost all of the bloodless centers in the US are managed and staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses. The Health Care system in Australia exists through the efforts of two prominent JWs - Farmer And Hoffman.

Where is the Society money going? I think it is being sucked up by the demands of a developing bloodless technology industry.

Why is the Society behaving the way they are in regards to the child abuse settlements? Well, it provides a good smoke screen for the activities that the Society doesn't want anyone taking a close look at - how closely and tightly they are involved with bloodless medicine. A few million is nothing to throw out there when there are billions at stake in biotechnology research.

Biotechology investments will be taking a huge chunk of all those 'donations' to the 'worldwide work'.

Yup - you can call me a conspiracy theorist now. Lol!

• bohm
    bohm

Splash:

Yes, the BOE 2014 March 29th specifically said: "The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall projects and 35 Assembly Hall projects are needed worldwide. Much of this need is in parts of the world where the cost of property and building materials is high."

This is the beauty of this move. Selling property serves three goals:

(i) most obviously, they get access to liquid assets, but I think this is the least important bit

More importantly it serves the main goal: create a shortage of kingdom halls. The benefits are twofold:

(ii) it create an obvious sense the WT is expanding: The number of kingdom halls are too few, too crowded and many halls must be build to serve a growing need (see the letter).

(iii) secondly, to build new ones there is an obvious need for money. Everyone can understand this need and see imediate benefits (ones own kingdom hall near the home) and thus the WT can push for donations.

There is NO reason to think this means the WT is financially pressed. This is the obvious strategy to follow if you are in a situation of little or zero growth.

• Listener
    Listener

Raymond F

3.Old Kingdom Halls will be sold (who defines which is old ? It sounds more like a pretext for selling off prime land)

What's the bet that those old halls will be the ones that aren't already owned by the WTBTS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit