It is official they're selling off Kingdom Halls in Britain

by raymond frantz 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bohm
    bohm

...and in a few years: jehovah has blessed his organization with growth such that most kingdom halls are now overcrowded. Please donate what you can such that we can buy more land for jehovah

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Erm..... Remember that recent new USA wide request of a minimum monthly pledge from every member because of all the kingdom halls to be built.......and now, what two months later, the UK has an opposite request, selling them all off and squishing 4 congregations into one.

Does God have old age dementia?

Does God hate brits?

Is this new new light?

Is the chariot in reverse?

Are the current members so lacking in courage that they humble themselves still. before the mighty hand of an obvious financial con?

Walk away people, while you have a chance to start a pension.....

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

...and in a few years: jehovah has blessed his organization with growth such that most kingdom halls are now overcrowded. Please donate what you can such that we can buy more land for jehovah

bohm's got it figured out.

It's no diffrent than when WT was building Branch Offices at a breakneck pace: it was "evidence of Jehovah's blessing".

Then when WT began the grand selloff: it was "evidence of Jehovah's blessing".

---

S&R:

Does God have old age dementia? YES

Does God hate brits? God hates everybody, but maybe the brits just a little more (why? who knows? God is funny that way)

Is this new new light? When is it ever NOT new light?

Is the chariot in reverse? The wheels fell off a long time ago

Are the current members so lacking in courage that they humble themselves still before the mighty hand of an obvious financial con? YES

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my mom told me that on saturday they are having a 'special' buisness meeting to 'explain' all the changes that will come about. she was just at a saturday assembly day.

she asked me if i wanted to go. she knows i havent been to a meeting in many months.

I said why didnt they talk about that at the assemlby?

I told her i was going to my grandaughters birthday party.

she then said, well i got to get ready for meeting, and hung up.

i bet she tells my father who, all his life was not a jw, and critisized the jws, and who now, at age 74 is studying, [and calling me disturbed] ,

that i have decided to start celebrating holdays. lol,

well i have ONE grandchild, and for 12 years i have missed her parties and christmas days, and grandma days and all of that stuff,

and never bought her a single gift for her birthday.

well thats changing on her 13th birthday, this week. she will be an adult soon enough,

Ive missed enough memories sitting alone, being 45 minuets away by car,

not having her visit, and missing so much of her childhood school years.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Maybe they will start having meetings via live feeds. That way they can have the sheeple, who are abandoning mid-week meetings, view them from the comfort of their home and then only have one meeting per week at the KH to individually shepherd the flock...

• Splash
    Splash

Sliding fast mentions the new insurance arrangement of £3 per publisher which covers the cost of insuring each kingdom hall.

When 4 congregations are consolidated into one kingdom hall, there will be 4x as many contributions coming in for 'insurance' per kingdom hall.

I'll guarantee they won't drop the rate per publisher. Nice little earner.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

Suppose you already have a 20 minute drive to the local hall?

Adding another 20 minutes each way will have one outcome - fewer going to the meetings.

It will also make the ministry harder. How many people will agree to start going to meetings that are not local or convenient?

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

(I'm on a roll lol)

If selling a hall is not in the interests of the congregation, can the local trustees be reported to the charity commission on grounds of mismanagement?

Splash

• Listener
    Listener

Sounds like the F&DS is beating up on the slaves again.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Any details on how many halls in the UK will be sold off???? And doesn't it seem obvious that all these sell offs are to shelter money away from pedophile victims?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit