It is official they're selling off Kingdom Halls in Britain

by raymond frantz 102 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I posted here a week ago some disturbing news for congregations being consolidated in Britain. My goodness that was nothing ! A letter was read today from Bethel addressed to all congregations in Britain that can only be described as the biggest news for years.The main points:

1. All cash reserved from congregations for purchase of land, renovations and building of Kingdom halls will be send to Bethel (this is the biggest robbery of the century. )

2.Congragations will be consolidated and up to 4 congregations will use one Kingdom Hall (the letter actually says "since there is only one meeting during the week up to 4 congregations will have to use it".)

3.Old Kingdom Halls will be sold (who defines which is old ? It sounds more like a pretext for selling off prime land)

4 . Consolidation of congregations , they actually said the word.

More news on that on www.jwdoctrine.com in the next few days

The biggest sell off of Kingdom Halls in Britain

• Simon
    Simon

I know a congregation that sent their savings to the society (a considerable sum) and then, when they sold their hall to move in with another they sent that money as well (another considerable sum).

The society appears to be doing very nicely out of it. Much better than the poor old sisters who now have to travel to the next town to get to the meetings.

It matches up with everything you described above.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And no JWs question why all their money goes to WT when at the same time they are being crammed and consolidated into fewer buildings? Astonishing.

Yet the Org is allegedly growing and progressing at runaway speed.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Nothing new. Just old Britain finally following what has taken place elsewhere worldwide during the last year.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Really ? Where else did it happen?

• Letts Party
    Letts Party

My congregation which is constantly in a deficit for its own expenses recently sent over $10,000 to the branch in New York. This was all the money our congregation had saved for the LA Building Fund. Several months back, an announcement was made for the starting of this fund since several kingdom Halls need to be built in the LA area to meet the growth. Contributions to the local KH diminished to meet demand for the LAKH building fund and then it was all sent over in one lump sum never to be seen again. $10,000 may not sound like a lot, but it is to us! (we're barely paying our bills each month).

Imagine how many iPads we could have bought for poor old Sister Appleseed who is saving all her pennies to purchase one.

(EDIT: by LA I mean Los Angeles)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I assume that the UK primarily uses single-auditorium KHs? 4 congregations to a KH is a bit light in these parts, but most of the halls here are double auditoriums.

Sounds like confirmation of the rapid decline of JWism in the UK, and the UK KHs are probably among the most valuable ones to liquidate to pay for the flood of lawsuits that is on its way.

• cofty
    cofty

Wow!

I suspect donations will reduce further when JWs realise all their money is heading straight out of the local account.

Thanks for the news, please keep us updated.

• designs
    designs

Should we take bets on how long it will be before the Brooklyn Boys starting running Telethons.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe the consulting company have told them the the projections are they have hit their peak.

I believe there is a maximum size for any cult such as theirs and once they reach it things slow down.

Once that happens they don't have the growth and expension and I'm sure money probably goes down or people dwindle away - with little exciting news or growth to report they may start waking up to the fact that the promised end never seems to actually arrive.

Maybe they are trying to grab as much cash as they can because it coincides with decent property prices etc... and the forecast isn't so promising?

Whatever the real reason, we can be sure that the people who will lose the most money will be those who contribute it. Off it will fly to a corporation far far away, possibly in another country to pay for their lawyers and lawsuits plus their nice new offices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit