Nov 2014 KM - a text message counts as a return visit!

by EndofMysteries 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Don't diss text messages, thats how I learned TTATT.

DD

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

so if the 3rd RV can be counted as a bible study, could a publisher conduct a study via text messaging? Does this also apply to some sort of instant messenger like facebook messenger or AIM?

Holey moley the ministry has become a fucking joke.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I had a good laugh when I was poking through IMDB.com (a comprehensive movie/tv database) and stumbled across a religion, faith, spirituality message board. There are a couple of JW's who hang out there and get into debates with other posters. It's pretty hilarious and you just know they're counting their time.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

September 1st starts the JW service year. Gustv Cintrn joined Aug.28th. He/she is getting his pioneer time (or most of it) with us.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

OH and one of those witnesses who posts on IMDB puts jw.org in his signature...

• steve2
    steve2

Apparently you can send texts to yourself. You can now count time and bring yourself back into the organization. Bizarre.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I expect this will be used by fadding apsotates to good advantage. Look for a big jump in return visit in the worldwide report fro this new time counting procedure.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

”A return visit may be counted when we visit the person or witness to him by means of a letter, an e-mail, a text, a note left in his door, or a telephone call.'' Kingdom Ministry November 2014

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

"Hello neighbor... Sorry I forgot ur name... This is Caleb (the JW that begged you 4 ur cell # last Sat )...Is it OK if I send u about 3 text msgs per wk.? This will help improve my status at my church. Plz let me know."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A well-rounded pioneer cares about filling in the various columns on their time sheet such as "RV's" but the 10-hours-and-less members don't really care. For both groups, reading that they can "count" texts translates into "How much time can I count on a text?" I am going to imagine that some sticklers for the rules will simply use the text to start the time on their recruitment day then travel to their next recruitment place (perhaps with a quick stop at Starbucks/Tim Hortons), but some others will compute up to 10 minutes for just the text. Maybe they will review all their former texts and other notes for each person before typing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit