Nov 2014 KM - a text message counts as a return visit!

by EndofMysteries 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you don't know, KM's are now online too.

Under the heading, "I cannot find him at home again!" it mentions how a text message or email is to be counted as a return visit.

No more having to do the work of getting dressed, meeting for service, then getting to that house to get an RV, you can now send a text message in your PJ's while watching tv at home and still get your time in!

Seems to me they are doing less and less, so they are making the requirements easier and easier so they can show the fake growth and numbers instead of declines.

• Simon
    Simon

What? Seriously?!

Does anyone know how these changes are being felt by the long-term people who actually put a lot of effort into the preaching work and maybe sacrificed a lot in the process?

It must hurt a little if some iPhone 6 wielding slick haired kid ends up on the platform being used as an example because he had an unlimited text plan and fired off a few messages in between rounds of angry birds!

• blondie
    blondie

Not too surprising, they have been letting jws count e-mails as an rv as well as phone calls.

• problemaddict 2
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Being a JW these days is actually not all that hard anymore. Instead of knocking on strangers doors, you can simply stand on a corner with a book cart as the clock ticks away. Then to follow up, you can send a text message or email (cause you know how effective those are).

You don't even need to carry around a huge bag of books to the meeting. All you need is an IPAD. Less convention days, less meetings days, easier to preach, digital litera-trash.

I'm almost positive that once the meeting attendance starts going down, they will implement live webcasts of meetings, which you can attend from home. Then they will simply count attendance as viewers of the webcast. you'll be able to donate via paypall

• sir82
    sir82

[Snort]

Here's my next field service report: 5 hours, 13,896 return visits (I have a lot of mail lists).

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

hahaha! its coming! During our international convention one of the bethelites expressed dismay at the fact that Mormons had stated that the new way to reach people was over social media. The bethelite ensure us that JW would never, ever abandon the door to door preaching in favor of social media. Can anyone see the foot coming to the mouth on this one?

If texting and email are ok, what is really left to move over to facebook and do the same?

• hoser
    hoser

I know one pioneer sister that uses facebook to witness to her non jw facebook friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I think I remember something about counting it as a literature placement if you email someone a PDF of a WT/Asleep! magazine (I think there was a stipulation that you had to include the entire magazine, not just an exerpt) so this isn't that unsurprising. I'm sure pioneers have been doing this sort of thing for ages.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Many preach through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all available. Hey, just getting with the techno times! Counting service time is easier than ever!

GC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit