A young girl shouts down a Street preacher

by fulltimestudent 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

cognizant dissident, very well articulated. Thank you.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Got to agree with the posts that deplore the behaviour. Perhaps this little girl is related to BOTR...?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Wow Viviane

How you got all that about women and female children submission, I'll never know. Everyone who is familiar with my past history on this forum knows I'm a pretty radical feminist.

It has nothing to do with her being a child or a female. I would feel exactly the same way about an adult male standing there screaming at a random street preacher to shut up. I would think he was making himself look like a foolish brat having a tantrum. The person doing it just looks crazier than the street preacher imo.

It is about free speech and it isn't. The girl has a right to free speech and so does the preacher for that matter. If the preacher's free speech is bothering a person, than by all means, confront and rebut, adult, child, male or female. But do so in a calm, reasoned, intelligent manner and you will make your point much better to all passerby.

Not unlike this forum, where mysogynist, racist, homophobic, illogical, and just plain crazy views are posted in abundance. If I posted "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" over and over again on every such post I find, would I accomplish anything? Would I convince anyone of my view? Would I gain any respect as a person? Or would all the other posters get even more tired of my posts and start screaming back at me, "Why don't you SHUT UP! if you have nothing intelligent to say."

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Viviane Along with others, I have politely stated my personal opinion about the way the street preacher was treated. Now you attempt to label us as sexist in order to suit your own separate agenda. I see that polite reasoned debate is lost on you. Let me respond to you in language that you endorse, defend, and approve of.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

• Viviane
    Viviane

How you got all that about women and female children submission, I'll never know. Everyone who is familiar with my past history on this forum knows I'm a pretty radical feminist.

Interesting that you felt stung by that comment since I never addressed it to you.

Along with others, I have politely stated my personal opinion about the way the street preacher was treated. Now you attempt to label us as sexist in order to suit your own separate agenda.

No one has been rude to you. Your ignorant and false accusation is rude, however.

I see that polite reasoned debate is lost on you. Let me respond to you in language that you endorse, defend, and approve of.

None are so blind as those that think they see.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

So far that's the most well thought out point you've made.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Viviane "No one has been rude to you. Your ignorant and false accusation is rude, however."

Hello again Vivian.

Could you please show me where I said that anyone had been rude to me?

By my standards it was rude of me to tell you to shut up, but as stated I was responding to you in language that you endorse, defend, and approve of.

It was a surprisingly liberating experience, so I must thank you for affording me the opportunity. Perhaps I will do it more often, just to win your approval.

This has been fun.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Could you please show me where I said that anyone had been rude to me?

No.

By my standards it was rude of me to tell you to shut up, but as stated I was responding to you in language that you endorse, defend, and approve of.

So no one was rude to you, but YOU decided to be rude? Not much a standard you have if, unprovoked, you decide to break it and then weasel out of it.

Your language didn't bother me in the least, at worst it was background noise.

It was a surprisingly liberating experience, so I must thank you for affording me the opportunity. Perhaps I will do it more often, just to win your approval.

Lashing out instead of acting rationally often is emotionally satisfying. Feel free to act the fool again as often as you wish and to use me as your target, your impotency in lashing out at makes you harmless.

• Simon
    Simon

Please, let's discuss the topic and not each other.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Excellent idea, Simon.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

This video makes me very unconftable on so many levels.

First, the preacher: He IS being a public nuisance. He's way too loud for comfort, and his message doesn't convey love or peace, but fear-mongering and guilt. However, is he breaking the law of the land? I see a police car way on the back of the scene. if someone finds the guy breaking the law, or feels offended, take it to the authorities, and let them resolve. Or, engage the preacher with a reasonably articulate conversation.

But the girl was wayy off the mark, and it was clearly coached and staged. At some point she betrays herself when she looks directly into the camera operator, looking for validation. I don't know who's behind the camera - a parent, a relative ... but certainly that's not the way to educate your child to behave like a civil human being in society. That's disrespectful, disgraceful, tasteless. I feel as sorry for the preacher as I feel sorry for the girl and whomever is responsable for her education.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit