A young girl shouts down a Street preacher

by fulltimestudent 55 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Got to admit that when some of these screechers get wound up, Ive felt the same as the young lady.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/11/06/08/34/girl-tells-street-preacher-to-shut-up

• Niveau
    Niveau

I saw that earlier and laughed so hard my boyfriend came into the room to see what I was watching :) I think my favourite was "Jesus blah blah blah, Jesus blah blah blah!"

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Seems like a setup.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, even as an atheist I would never let my kid be so rude to someone on the street. If she didn't want to hear it, she could have just walked away

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, I hate street preachers, but that girl is a bit of a brat!

She certainly isnt going to win over anyone....

Still I like her courage!

I guess in fairness, if it was a witness girl who "stood firm for her convictions at school" (or whatever), she would be the next hero in a wt magazine or convention!

• KateWild
    KateWild

This totally shocked me. The parents should be ashamed of her. To have that little respect for a stranger is prejudice and probably racist. Kate xx

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

They are the same race. How would it be racist?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

He is talking "Shit" - so I dont see why parents should be ashamed - its very funny ! The same "thinking" that gave him the "right " to be preaching on the street gave her the right to heckle him .

• KateWild
    KateWild

How would it be racist?- ak

Fair enough they are both caucasion. It's just highly discriminatory and prejudice behaviour for a child of this age. Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon
    Fair enough they are both caucasion.

Even if they were not, it would not make anything racist.

It's just highly discriminatory and prejudice behaviour for a child of this age

Uh? How? She has more right to tell him to stop shouting IMO vs his right to tell people they are sinners.

He was being a public nuisance before she arrived. She only shouted at him because he was shouting.

I remember shouting at a street-preacher in Warrington once. He launched into a loud rant right in my ear as I was walking past so I turned round and shouted back in his face to "shut up". He did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit