Are You "Technically" Still A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    In my mind I technically am a Rebel. I fight it very often, but I have these Rebel urges.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The JW's that know me view me as a failed JW, but in their mind still a JW. It's like another cult, the Catholic Church, you are viewed as a lapsed Catholic, never an ex-Catholic if ever once you were baptized as one.

I am not a JW in any way in reality, it is in my past, which is another Country.

I do enjoy now telling JW's that I have never been part of the religion they are now part of. The religion I left those few years ago no longer exists, they have changed all the unique doctrines. So I say to them that they must treat me like a member of the public that has never heard of their religion, and they must convince me they now have the "truth".

Funny, not one of them has risen to the challenge thus far. I wonder why, do they have no faith at all ?

What exactly are they selling ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Technically, you are still a jokehovian witless if you are just inactive. Legally, when you got baptized, you agreed to do whatever the washtowel (and joke-hova) wanted you to, no matter what--and just wait until they start enforcing that. Just wait until they find a judge that will take the view that you "signed" a legally binding contract to do whatever the washtowel wants you to, by getting baptized.

And yes, the planets are lined up just so for that to happen. Even with Saturn in retrograde and backing into Scorpio June 16, don't get too complacent. It will only go direct again, and re-enter Sagittarius September 18. That's when I expect all heaven to break loose with those judges siding that baptism is a signature to a legally binding contract.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My husband and I sent a disassociation letter in January of 2014 if i'm remembering correctly. We had done an open fade and were getting a lot of random visits. Have not had a visit since sending the letter to the KH address, not even a memorial invite left at the door.

We just said, To Whom It May Concern, We no longer wish to be considered jw and are disassociating from the WT organization.

It worked like magic. It feels great to know that I'm officially and technically NOT a jw anymore in any way.

Marina

edited to say: of course everybody has different circumstances. We had no family members in the cult.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good question Min'.

Baptised in 1980, neither df'd nor da'd. NO, I am not a Jehovah's Witness. The vows I took were based on inaccurate information. The contract is invalid.

Of course, WT may feel differently . . . fuck 'em.

• minimus
    minimus
    Snickers, you still got it!👿
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I am an active JW.

• no lies please
    no lies please
    I'm no longer a JW though not disfellowshipped or disassociated. What JW's think I am is none of my business.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am technically a JW in an inactive state, but that's because of their shunning rules.

But if that's what they force me to do, I will live with that.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I have not attended any meetings in nearly 10 years including the memorial. I just became inactive.

Elders do not call on me, nobody from the congregation has.

A sister from another cong usually sends me the mags, kms each month plus the new releases.

So I guess they consider me inactive.

I don't consider myself a witness , I don't believe anything anymore and want nothing to do with religion but have never mentioned that to anybody in the congregation, but I never see or hear from anybody in the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit