Are You "Technically" Still A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    i've been out for about a decade. They act very nice to me and have left me alone. They have been very helpful to my elderly ailing mom and that is very much appreciated.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm waiting for the first drop of rain.

John, I like your thinking..............

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is surprising the number of us that others may view as "still a J W "

What an indictment on a supposedly Christian organization, that we cannot come out and say what we think: that we know that the consequences on our families would be so great that we wish to spare them that . Because of their unshakeable faith we are obliged to live under the radar.

I attend meetings often , I am known to them all - a part of the furniture at the Hall. I never comment , never sing, certainly no ministry or school talks. According to the teaching I am toast at Armageddon yet if they were to see me smoking a cigarette ( I don't ) they would form a committee ASAP....

• jws
    jws

I began having irregular attendance about 26 years ago. About 24 years ago, I found out TTATT and decided not to return. In my absence, I have not been disfellowshipped or disassociated. At least as far as I know. So "technically" I am still in.

I'm OK with that. When it came time for my father's funeral, there was no issue. I didn't have to be there like an outcast. I was warmly met by old friends and many, many of my father's friends. And it keeps me able to talk to my JW sisters.

It doesn't bother me. I don't consider myself one, but so what if I am "technically" one - according to them? It works for me.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Inactive 3 yrs

I call my elders every month or so and leave them a message asking for spiritual help

to answer my questions. They stopped calling me back a year ago after I disclosed to them

I have been and always will record them.

• blondie
    blondie

I've heard it both ways.

*** w93 7/15 p. 27 Tenderly Shepherding Jehovah’s Precious Sheep ***

Inactivity in the ministry or in attending Christian meetings does not mean that the sheep is no longer part of the flock. He remains part of “all the flock” for whom the elders must “render an account” to Jehovah.

*** w82 4/15 pp. 23-24 par. 10 Enduring Joyfully Despite Persecution ***

Hence, when our activity is banned, it is generally our preaching and our meetings that are prohibited. “You can be Jehovah’s Witnesses,” we are often told, “but you may not preach or hold any meetings.” Yet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all. (Isaiah 43:10, 12; Acts 1:8)

-----------------------------

Jesus' followers were known as Christians and in Acts 1:8 Jesus said they would be witnesses of Jesus (Not Jehovah).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

We're in John Aquila's life-raft - inactive, attend once, maybe twice per month.

Soon, imminent, so close, threshold, very near - the boy has cried 'wolf' too often, and so many are now ignoring the rants!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

As far as I know my husband and I are still technically JW's, but who knows they didn't inform us when they eventually disfellowshipped our daughters molester so maybe we are and don't know :)

It doesn't really matter at this point, the only contact we have with witnesses is when we visit with our families.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

To others I look and act like a jw but inside my head and heart I am not.

So yes I suppose technically I am still a jw

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Still active as an MS. Fully awake though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit