Are You "Technically" Still A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even if you don't regard yourself as a practicing JW, some may view you simply as inactive, a lost sheep, etc.

If you were baptized but not disfellowshipped or disassociated, you may still be a JW---right? Your thoughts please.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I am an inactive brother "Who" will get wiped out if I don't get back into the Ark of salvation before all hell breaks loose.

I'm waiting for the first drop of rain.

Image result for first drop of rain pic

• stillin
    stillin

I'll bite. As my name suggests, I am still "in." I attend more than half of the meetings but I think that most people understand that I am simply bringing my wife because other than that I am inactive.

I was still giving talks on the school up until recently. People enjoy them and probably expect me to "come back" one day. I also comment sometimes at meetings, but mostly only if there is something to say that hasn't just been read out loud.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I don't believe I am a witness because I don't join in the preaching the work.
  • minimus
    minimus

interesting responses so far

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I haven't been to a meeting in 5 years and I broke off contact by telling the elders I wanted to be left alone when they visited me more than a year I stopped going suddenly. I'm sure that I am still on their radar since my wife is active but they are all staying clear of me except for one brother and when we spend time together he never brings up JW stuff...strange indeed. So technically I still am a JW but I am not telling anyone.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I'm the same as stillin. The missus knows I think it's all hogwash but I put on the appearance for her sake and for our social life.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

minimus: Even if you don't regard yourself as a practicing JW, some may view you simply as inactive, a lost sheep, etc.

I'm not DF'd but haven't been to a meeting in over a year and a half. I have no idea what others think. If they don't/can't/won't continue to keep in touch like normal friends and family then I don't really care what they think. Why should I?

As everyone on this board knows, I think: It's a cult!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Well I stopped suddenly going to meetings about 2 months ago, my last circus report was 4 months ago, so I am not yet considered inactive. But I am now 100% apostate and very proud of it.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are You "Technically" Still A Jehovah's Witness?

In Watchtower World..

Whether your a Jehovahs Witness or Not....Is Always Questionable..

...........Are You Doing Enough For Jehovah??!!?..If Not..

.........................................."Technically" ..

........................YOUR NOT A JEHOVAHS WITNESS..

.........................http://www.bruderinfo-aktuell.de/wp-content/uploads/11772acf99647da118b0f4189289715d.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit