Are You "Technically" Still A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Still in- for appearances. But missing many many meetings
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I left decades ago. My publishers card went missing. I was the publisher's card servant My wife's card went missing too.... come to think about it.

Now the Mormons do it the smart way.......there are options on leaving one of which is.......... "Become completely inactive (give up your church callings, stop attending meetings, etc.), but maintain your official membership........... by allowing your name to remain on the records as a member, you allow the church to include you in its total membership number (currently about thirteen million) with which it wishes to impress the world."

http://packham.n4m.org/leaving.htm

By my reckoning if the WT allowed for that their numbers would be double or triple.

But no they have to be hard asses about it.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Inactive/faded atheist but not DFed nor open about my atheism.

The reasons are purely to maintain peace & amicable contact with my immediate family. If it weren't for them, I'd have exited in a very dramatic and highly visible way. I don't give 2 shits about "the friends" still in--i can easily turn a page and walk away from every last one of them & never regret it. What I cannot do is hurt my family.

it pisses me off to no end when fellow exjws chastise those of us who choose to remain in for whatever reason. I mark them off as well---easily. Every person's circumstances are unique and it is rude & invasive to pass judgment on anyone who choses to handle this delicate balance in the way that best suits them. It's not cowardly and it's not hypocritical--it's loving. I have a very polite "go f**k yourself" to anyone who disparages people who don't exit the "right" way. Had enough judgement in my life; done with it.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    May be yes. I am not aware if the elders disfellowshipped me.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm one on paper. But innactive and just suffer meetings and assemblies for spouse sake and maintain some friendships.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Still in due to family. Partaking at the memorials to the chagrin of hounding elders, since the WT article that proved Joe Rutherford's teachings were mere bullsh!t, about the doors to heaven being closed and the gathering of jonadabs.

Millions then living are now dead, very much so, like the drunk philandering wannabe judge and president of the WTS Rutherford.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I get an occasional call from an elder and occasional call or letter from 1 or 2 sisters.

Haven't attended meetings in over a year.

• Harold OMorning
    Harold OMorning
    Still in for family. It's amazing how people (myself included) can let an organization think for them. Even with repeatedly breaking trust. I still have a Christian leaning...the bible truly interests me. I have not donated to the org in 6 or so years but have helped out individuals directly. People assume I'm quiet or standoffish
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Currently inactive but occasionally attend meetings for the sake of family. Mentally out since last year
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Inactive...near 3 years...told the elders I have doubts and want left alone...resigned as an elder myself and then 6 months later told the elders I need my space...

True to their word they haven't bothered me...even during wine and bread season...

My wife is still in though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit