My Relief

by Smart 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Smart
    Smart

What a Massive Relief! Thank God I have just found this site the other day! I don't know where to begin! I am a Jehovah's Witness. I live in the UK.

My name is Do Dah! I'm 27 years old. I started studying with the witnesses when I was 22 and got baptised into the Organisation when I was 25, which was in 2012. I came into it on my own, though I already have a wonderful loving family which I was born into right outside the Org.

I can no longer put my feelings aside. I was afraid of everything inside the organisation.

After reading the amazing JW-Studies-Pamphlet PDF over on JWFacts.com I have been amazed to learn some of the things the Watchtower has published. This has been so disturbing that I felt the urge to share my own experience.

The pamphlet really shocked me. Making false predictions about the end of the world is terrible. I didn't know they did this 5 times. The bible says that no one knows when. How damaging is that though to a person's life and his faith!

They told people not to bother with higher education too, which, as I have been reading has scarred people's lives because now they can’t get good work. I can't believe that.

They also went back against their own teachings on the famous blood issue costing people's lives. OMG. WTF.

Well I am glad to have found you because I have for too long a time bottled up all my unanswered questions in my mind, keeping them to myself. I couldn't talk to my parents because I wanted to defend the organisation, and I couldn’t talk to anyone in the congregation because I was afraid of being labelled 'spiritually weak'. I worried about outward appearances to both parties.

So I've been getting quite depressed as of lately. I told the elders I'm finding it all a bit too much.

Why do we have to record our ministry hours? King David of Israel was scourged for recording the size of his Army because it wasn't necessary. This it is today. It just seems a matter of pride who has recorded the most hours in the ministry. Who appears to be doing well.

Why do we shun and disfellowship? It's not Christian. I've blown the lid off this yesterday; I finally told my Dad what I'm thinking. He and my Mum have both said they can see how bad I look and how this religion stuff is affecting me. It's not helping me at all.

My dad instinctively told me why it’s not right to disfellowship when I spoke to him about it.

"God is all loving," he said.

I thought "he's right," God hasn't shunned humanity even though most people don't listen to him.

My dad never once shunned me when I rebelled as a teenager, when I deliberately did all the wrong things against him and myself. If he never showed the endless love he did, then how would I have ever changed my ways.

What's wrong with these people! Not too long ago when I thought about trying to help others, the witnesses discouraged me not to do other volunteer work, when I thought about Saint John's Ambulance, or the Samaritans, or the Salvation Army. (These are well known charities in Britain).

I have to share what I think. For I couldn't hold it much longer and I feel like I'm going insane with this 'channel' of information.

I'm not afraid.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Smart ! and a BIG WELCOME ! Take a deep breath, then tell us a little more, and remember, we are all here to help in any way we can.

I can tell you one thing for sure, you need not be afraid of anything anymore.

Your new friend, who visited Cardiff a couple of times,

Phizzy.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Smart. I look forward to hearing your story when you are ready.

Please be aware that there is always a risk that loyal JWs might identify you and the elders would take action against you for posting on a forum like this. Are you sure you want to identify yourself?

You can still edit your post for 30 minutes.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome! We'd all love to hear your story.

You've happened upon a great forum with a lot of different personalities, you're sure to find many here that you relate to (and probably more than a few you'll clash with, but that's OK)

Glad to have you!

• Niveau
    Niveau

Hello! I would have to agree with cofty - make sure you think through putting down so much information about yourself. Anyone who's at all familiar with your story would be able to identify you off of what you've posted here, and merely visiting this site is enough to get you in huuuuge trouble, if not disfellowshipped.

That being said, it is lovely to begin to feel that relief, isn't it? This is an awesome site to visit when you need a break, a great resource for getting out, and an understanding place to cope once/if you leave!

• scary21
    scary21

A big wecome to you !!!

• Splash
    Splash

Hi smart,

Good to have you here.

I suggest you remove your name and congregation info from your post otherwise you'll end up with even more problems!

Press the little pencil icon to the right of your post to edit.

Splash

• Legacy
    Legacy

HI,

Welcome...I'm still in as well...You'll love this site...even if you choose to stay in for as long as you can....this site let's you know, you are not crazy & it's good place to vent....lovely folks here...They don't know how much they have helped me...I can sit there until I get the nerve to leave & know TTATT. Plus you get to find out what's going to happen before it happens...Whatever you think you see & hear in the hall, trust yourself...it is what it is...many are in there & know that some of the stuff is bogus but for whatever reason...they stay...me, because I like the friends. I like reading the bible, because I believe what's in there...not man's interpretation...oh yes, sometimes the brothers get it right, but they can't color outside the lines, because some are on a mission for a name in the Society. Keep coming to this site, you won't regret it...it'll help you stay in or leave, but either way, you won't be alone...

Again, welcome...

Legacy

• humbled
    humbled

As for your identity--People here are respectful of your privacy. If you have nothing to lose as far as the JWs are concerned-- let 'er rip! But I find that though I have nobody in the Org. of my family, sometimes I converse on a thread that covers sensitive matters and then I have wished I had anonymity. Just my thoughts.

But this forum addresses issues of persons touched by the JW Org. You should be here.

Share carefully, thoughtfully, for your own sake. But welcome, smart. Welcome.

Maeve--whose Grandma Beatrice (nee Jones) was half Welsh

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to this dynamic and supportive forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit