My Relief

by Smart 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Welcome Smart

I can totally relate to your feelings of relief. I've been out for about a dozen years and did not know places like this existed until a few months ago. It's great to find a place where you can vent about things the non-jws in your life would just not understand. I look forward to reading more about your JW history.

• Smart
    Smart

I've re witten my first post so read it again. Sorry.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Smart! Yup You are.Figured out in 5 years that many have taken many times over to realize. Smart indeed. Welcome!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Smart, welcome and big hugs to you! We all should have figured out the weirdness as fast as you have.

So happy you are here. You are welcome and you will not be judged here. My grandpa was born in Swansea so we have some connection!

• Smart
    Smart

This is amazing, Wow! thank you for such speedy responses. I don't know what to say!

CultBgone - what's with that love heart? Do you wana date or something?

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Hi there Mr. Do Dah

I'm sure no one was offended by your decision to do what makes you feel safe when posting here by removing personal information.

It's very interesting to see the reaction of a recently baptised witness to those things that many of us have known for years such as false predictions and flip-flopping doctrines (aka 'new light').

"What's wrong with these people" you ask. They have been brainwashed by a cult. The goal of the cult leaders (GB) is to gain and maintain power and control over their adherents. An effective w ay to do that is to keep you so busy with theocratic activities that you barely have time to think, much less volunteer for a worldly charity that will be destroyed at Armageddon.......soon.

I'm curious as to why you became a Witness and how you discovered these mentally diseased apostate sites.

Keep being not afraid or is that keep not being afraid? :)

• Smart
    Smart

I'm curious as to why you became a Witness and how you discovered these mentally diseased apostate sites.

Keep being not afraid or is that keep not being afraid? :)

I used to be a drug addict. I started smoking wacky backy (cannabis) when I was 12. 10 years of abuse. I hung around in street gangs. I did all the wrong things. Drugs caused many problems. I needed help and I ran into a man at my place of work, he was a customer. My parents would have probably told the witnesses to go away if they knocked the door. Besides, I had no idea who Jehovah's Witnesses were. So it seemed nice at first when I met him.

My cousin is a conspiracy theorist and told me strange things when we used to smoke weed together. I looked alot of this up on the Internet. I eventually came to look at stuff about 2012 and the end of the world. That's what this Jehovah's Witness man at my work started telling me about and I was hooked. "The end of the world, Wow!" I thought. We studied the bible and it was all nice you know.

I discovered these sites because I simply had doubts and unanswered questions. What do you mean by "Keep being not afraid or is that keep not being afraid?"

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hey, Smart...sorry if the heart offended you! I Love People....and don't thing any of us tell each other enough. So you are Loved. Sorry, not trying to hit on you!!!

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Hi Smart

"Keep being not afraid or is that keep not being afraid": this is just my corny way of saying that even though I'm not sure of the grammatically correct to say it, I'm glad you're no longer afraid and hope you stay that way

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit